• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Question

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    I don't know a lot of AR manufacturers, I've only put my own together. For my next AR looking to get a factory rifle. Are Seekins rifles good quality?

I really enjoy my SP10 6.5CM.

I had an issue out of the gate with mags dropping free under recoil. The mag catch was slightly out of spec. I had a new one in my hands in a matter of days. Good customer service to deal with.

The thing is a laser out of the box.

That’s good to know. I was looking at the cq pdw.

That’s good to know. I was looking at the cq pdw.
    Whatever route you go, I would give EuroOptic a call and see what they can do for you on the price over the phone. Usually they can knock at least 10% off.

Just bitter or you playing hard to get with details? Cmon you know you want to share!
    Accuracy was poor no matter what bullet powder brass combo I tried. Even with an AGB brass looked horrible after one firing. The rifle I have had standard length gas system but it probably should have had + 2.

Reactions: JS8588
    Seekins wouldn't make it right for you?

They would have and they had the new gas system out at that point and would have given him a return label for them to rebarrel it with a new barrel free of charge but some people would rather throw their hands up and bitch on the internet instead of trying to get it taken care of.

Reactions: bigjake83
    I have worked with them on a few customer service issues on my SP10 that I would chalk up to normal outliers with manufacturing. They were excellent, friendly, and responsive. It was such a refreshing experience I would buy another SP10 from them based on that.

I don’t believe that for a second. They’ll rebarrel guns for free when the barrels are shot out and you expect us to believe they wouldn’t make it right? Bullshit.
    Believe what you like, maybe you had a good experience with them. I didn’t.

Believe what you like, maybe you had a good experience with them. I didn’t.

I’ve had many good experiences with them over the years, all receiving great products though. The only time I’ve talked to their CS has been product questions and they’ve always been great. I recently called and asked if there would be any warranty issue if I bedded the barrel and swapped the gas block and they said no. Most manufacturers would void your warranty the second you take anything apart. I spoke with the guy a few posts up over the phone about his barrel they replaced that was an early gas system too. So I’m sure you can understand why I have a hard time believing that they didn’t rectify it.

Did you call or email and tell them what was going on? Did they do an RMA and check out the rifle? What exactly happened?

Reactions: simonp
    I’ve had many good experiences with them over the years, all receiving great products though. The only time I’ve talked to their CS has been product questions and they’ve always been great. I recently called and asked if there would be any warranty issue if I bedded the barrel and swapped the gas block and they said no. Most manufacturers would void your warranty the second you take anything apart. I spoke with the guy a few posts up over the phone about his barrel they replaced that was an early gas system too. So I’m sure you can understand why I have a hard time believing that they didn’t rectify it.

Did you call or email and tell them what was going on? Did they do an RMA and check out the rifle? What exactly happened?

Called & emailed no RMA. Post # 8 described what happened. I should also add that I was getting significantly lower velocity than what I should have, despite 22” barrel.

Others have had excellent results with their SP 10s, I have not.

Called & emailed no RMA. Post # 8 described what happened. I should also add that I was getting significantly lower velocity than what I should have, despite 22” barrel.

Others have had excellent results with their SP 10s, I have not.

Yes I read your post where you talked about the issues you supposedly had in past tense a day after you initially replied to this thread speaking of your rifle in current tense.

So you called and emailed Seekins and they denied an RMA? Would you mind sharing the emails?

Yes I read your post where you talked about the issues you supposedly had in past tense a day after you initially replied to this thread speaking of your rifle in current tense.

So you called and emailed Seekins and they denied an RMA? Would you mind sharing the emails?
    They didn’t specifically deny an RMA, they just never offered one.

As far as emails, not sure I even kept them, and I switched to a different email service. Not sure I even remember the old username & PW.

Honestly I got a bit frustrated and pretty much said fuck it and cut my losses and moved on to a different vendor. I haven’t even taken the rifle out of storage in ages.

They didn’t specifically deny an RMA, they just never offered one.

As far as emails, not sure I even kept them, and I switched to a different email service. Not sure I even remember the old username & PW.

Honestly I got a bit frustrated and pretty much said fuck it and cut my losses and moved on to a different vendor. I haven’t even taken the rifle out of storage in ages.

Then the only one to blame here is yourself, my first SP10 had the same Rifle Length Gas system as yours and sounds like they exhibited the same issues. I also don't believe when you contacted Seekins and told them the accuracy was poor they didn't offer for you to send in the rifle for testing, it's literally thier first response to any claim when a firearm isn't performing and your lack of follow through is what sounds to be the main reason why your complaints weren't addressed as well as your questionable Shooting and Reloading.

Going off of your reply from post #8, you stated that you didn't shoot any store-bought ammo but only hand loads. Every SP10 that I've shot or owned has shot Hornady 140 ELD Match ammo at or under 3/4 MOA.

If you're so unhappy with your SP10 why haven't you put it up for sale in the PX? I'm
    Sorry this honestly feels like you just want to play the victim and ignorance and complacency is the real culprit here.

Reactions: FWoo45 and simonp
    Then the only one to blame here is yourself, my first SP10 had the same Rifle Length Gas system as yours and sounds like they exhibited the same issues. I also don't believe when you contacted Seekins and told them the accuracy was poor they didn't offer for you to send in the rifle for testing, it's literally thier first response to any claim when a firearm isn't performing and your lack of follow through is what sounds to be the main reason why your complaints weren't addressed as well as your questionable Shooting and Reloading.

Going off of your reply from post #8, you stated that you didn't shoot any store-bought ammo but only hand loads. Every SP10 that I've shot or owned has shot Hornady 140 ELD Match ammo at or under 3/4 MOA.

If you're so unhappy with your SP10 why haven't you put it up for sale in the PX? I'm
    Sorry this honestly feels like you just want to play the victim and ignorance and complacency is the real culprit here.
    When did I say I DIDN'T shoot any commercial ammo?

Not playing any game. The original post asked if Seekins rifles were good quality, mine wasn’t and that is what I stated.

Why do I need to put something up for sale in the PX if it doesn’t work?

When did I say I DIDN'T shoot any commercial ammo?

Not playing any game. The original post asked if Seekins rifles were good quality, mine wasn’t and that is what I stated.

Why do I need to put something up for sale in the PX if it doesn’t work?

I’m believing you less and less every time you post.

So do you still have the rifle or not?

• Haha
    Reactions: 232593 and simonp
    My SP10 in 6.5 Creed functions as it should and shoots better than any other gas gun i own, factory or custom.
    20230116_151250.jpg