Seekins SP10 6.5 Updated Gas Systems?

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Do the current 2022 production SP10s in 6.5CM have the improved length on the gas systems versus the standard rifle length? The SP10M also has the switch block gas block.

They changed the length on the SP10M, but info is hard to find. I had read on the forum that someone got a new SP10 in Feb. 2022 and it had a longer gas system, but can't confirm anywhere.

Help is appreciated!!

wade2big

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 16, 2017
    TEXAS
    Yes they come standard with the plus 2 gas. If you want the select adjustable gas block you have to add it yourself. They ship with a shitty set screw style.

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Yes they come standard with the plus 2 gas. If you want the select adjustable gas block you have to add it yourself. They ship with a shitty set screw style.

Just want to make sure I'm not buying old stock

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho

The new SP10 doesn't come standard with a +2 gas system it's a +1.5"

You can order a custom barrel for an additional charge and and have a +2" if you desire.

As I've already explained to the OP you just need to look at the the rifle, if it has a +2 Gas system the gas block would protrude 1/2" past the 15" handguard and the new SP10's do not, the adjustable gas block if flush with the end of the handguard. Take a look on Gun Broker there are several new rifles for sale with the update gas system.

Screenshot_20221201-035356~2.png

Here's two of the SP10's I own, both have +2 gas systems.
    IMG_20221201_042254074~2.jpg

Last edited:

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Thanks for all the help guys! I actually just spoke to Euro optic and they confirmed that the rifle that they have in stock has the 1.5 plus gas system, so the gas block is basically flush underneath the handguard.

Looking forward to picking the rifle up and seeing how it shoots. Hopefully the extra gas system will prevent the brass from getting beat up too bad.

Charger442

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    ive got a plus 2 gas system on my new GAP-10 that is basically the seekins. it uses seekins adjustable gas block like this. way better than having to use tools.

seekins_010918_14.png

Reactions: BurtG

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    ive got a plus 2 gas system on my new GAP-10 that is basically the seekins. it uses seekins adjustable gas block like this. way better than having to use tools.

seekins_010918_14.png
    I run the same one on my 12.15” AR10 308. I may swap it over, but then the Handguard may have to get clearance/milled.

wade2big

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 16, 2017
    TEXAS
    What's shitty about it?
    That’s subjective I suppose. If you only shoot either suppressed or unsuppressed then it’s fine. Many would want the flexibility to do either or. I don’t have a suppressor but I occasionally shoot through one. It’s simpler to rotate one with detents back and forth every now and again to keep it from seizing up then it is with the set screw style although still possible.

346ci

FJB
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Mar 26, 2010
    NC
    The lever adjust is definitely a better design, no tools needed.

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
    Minuteman
    Feb 14, 2017
    That’s subjective I suppose. If you only shoot either suppressed or unsuppressed then it’s fine. Many would want the flexibility to do either or. I don’t have a suppressor but I occasionally shoot through one. It’s simpler to rotate one with detents back and forth every now and again to keep it from seizing up then it is with the set screw style although still possible.

The lever adjust is definitely a better design, no tools needed.
    How much adjustment range do those have? Is it coarse enough that going from full left to full right can be optimized for both suppressed/unsuppressed? I don't shoot suppressed so I don't mess with gas adjustment after initial set up but I've always wondered about the lever adjustment blocks.

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    How much adjustment range do those have? Is it coarse enough that going from full left to full right can be optimized for both suppressed/unsuppressed? I don't shoot suppressed so I don't mess with gas adjustment after initial set up but I've always wondered about the lever adjustment blocks.
    Given how most people would say gas systems have to be adjusted for different loads on 6.5 CM, I doubt it. Nice idea though.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger

wade2big

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 16, 2017
    TEXAS
    Yes there is enough. That is the whole point of this gasblock.

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho

I'm running one on a Custom OBR that I rebarreled in 6.5CM with a 18" Bartlein and the adjustments are quite aggressive probably 1/8 of a full rotation per click, one click makes the difference between running 100% reliable and short stroking/ not locking on the last round. You get 6 clicks from one end to the other, you can also remove material from the gas block allowing for a greater adjustment range if you like.

I'm running a Full Mass BCG and a H2 SCS I have no doubt it would be more than adequate for adjusting the gas down for a suppressor.

Last edited:

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    On my 24" +2 Proof I started out with a random load of 4451 and 120SMKs going around 2700fps just to function test the gun after I put it together. I adjusted my SLR gas block to lock back on an empty and then gave it one more click open. I then developed a load for 140gr using StaBall going 2740fps. Had to readjust the gas. I then added a tungsten buffer and heavier spring to my SCS. Had to adjust the gas again. Then I swapped from an Ultra 7 .30cal to a 8.6" Rex MOD X in .45cal with a .30cal endcap. The gun still ran, but accuracy opened up. I adjusted the gas until it locked back on an empty and gave it one more. I watched the groups tighten as I adjusted the gas. It's now tuned to 140's at 2720fps with an all tungsten SCS and the heaviest spring and a big ass Rex MOD X suppressor.

I don't know how you could tune the with that much precision using a coarser AGB.

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    On my 24" +2 Proof I started out with a random load of 4451 and 120SMKs going around 2700fps just to function test the gun after I put it together. I adjusted my SLR gas block to lock back on an empty and then gave it one more click open. I then developed a load for 140gr using StaBall going 2740fps. Had to readjust the gas. I then added a tungsten buffer and heavier spring to my SCS. Had to adjust the gas again. Then I swapped from an Ultra 7 .30cal to a 8.6" Rex MOD X in .45cal with a .30cal endcap. The gun still ran, but accuracy opened up. I adjusted the gas until it locked back on an empty and gave it one more. I watched the groups tighten as I adjusted the gas. It's now tuned to 140's at 2720fps with an all tungsten SCS and the heaviest spring and a big ass Rex MOD X suppressor.

I don't know how you could tune the with that much precision using a coarser AGB.

Sorry I should clarify, when I said that one click makes the difference between running 100% reliable and not locking back I'm referring to it running 100% with the least amount of gas possible. If you turn the gas up a few clicks it will still operate between the 3-4 o'clock ejection window so there is definitely more wiggle room.

Reactions: reubenski

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
    Minuteman
    Feb 14, 2017
    That is the whole point of this gasblock.
    I understand that's the point. I've owned a number of products that failed to meet their own stated design goals, including adjustable gas blocks that wouldn't adjust, so I approach most things with some skepticism.

wade2big

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 16, 2017
    TEXAS
    I understand that's the point. I've owned a number of products that failed to meet their own stated design goals, including adjustable gas blocks that wouldn't adjust, so I approach most things with some skepticism.
    I agree with that for sure. These do work as advertised.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Gun came in on Friday with the rifle plus 1.5 in gas system. Fired 72 rounds on my first range trip, 40.6 grains of h4350 yielded an average velocity of 2582 with a standard deviation of 13. I fired some of the bolt gun loads that I run with 42 grains of h4350, and the velocity yielded a strong 2715. I had some flattened primers at the higher load, but no other signs of pressure. I only shot five rounds of this so plan to circle back and see how it groups.

The rifle shot exceptionally well with the 40.6gr load and yielded groups at 1/2 MOA before the suppressor mirage started to get to me at which point they opened up closer to 1 MOA.

I was a little worried initially because I had problems with a magazine falling out of the gun while shooting. It didn't seem to like the lancer 20 round that I brought, but I switched to a Magpul 20 round and had no issues. Looking forward to working on some loads and dialing this in.

This was my first range trip shooting a large frame gas gun for precision. Really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221203_214743095.jpg
      PXL_20221203_214743095.jpg
      543.7 KB · Views: 21
    Reactions: bigjake83

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Gun came in on Friday with the rifle plus 1.5 in gas system. Fired 72 rounds on my first range trip, 40.6 grains of h4350 yielded an average velocity of 2582 with a standard deviation of 13. I fired some of the bolt gun loads that I run with 42 grains of h4350, and the velocity yielded a strong 2715. I had some flattened primers at the higher load, but no other signs of pressure. I only shot five rounds of this so plan to circle back and see how it groups.

The rifle shot exceptionally well with the 40.6gr load and yielded groups at 1/2 MOA before the suppressor mirage started to get to me at which point they opened up closer to 1 MOA.

I was a little worried initially because I had problems with a magazine falling out of the gun while shooting. It didn't seem to like the lancer 20 round that I brought, but I switched to a Magpul 20 round and had no issues. Looking forward to working on some loads and dialing this in.

This was my first range trip shooting a large frame gas gun for precision. Really enjoyed it.

How do you like the Timney Trigger? I didn't care much for mine, had a fair amount of creep so I replaced it with a TriggerTech AR10 Diamond.

whatsupdoc

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • Dec 12, 2017

That is a warm load for a gasser, you get loose primer pockets?

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    That is a warm load for a gasser, you get loose primer pockets?
    Not so far. 43.5gr StaBall out of a 24" barrel. JP SCS with all the tungsten weights and heavy spring, Lantac enhanced BCG, gas turned down

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    How do you like the Timney Trigger? I didn't care much for mine, had a fair amount of creep so I replaced it with a TriggerTech AR10 Diamond.
    No creep on mine but reset is light enough I wasn't sure it was actually resetting.