• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP10 Gas System

I have not finished the eval on the SP-10 the Bartlein Barrel from Craddock unfortunately development a detrimental issue, so it's back to the waiting game for a new Blank from Bartlein. Before the barrel shit the bed is was producing exceptional accuracy. View attachment 7806697View attachment 7806698
Did you bother bedding the bartlein barrel in the seekins upper? Does Seekins do this with their barrels on the SP10s?

Yes and yes, the original barrel from Seekins needed some love from the torch.
One more question for you then I better stop hijacking the thread. Do you bother with shims or just use loctite 609 or similar?

I’m currently hand loading for my 6.5CM SP-10. Mine was the first to leave Seekins with the new factory lengthened gas system. I plan on shooting mine unsuppressed and also with my DeadAir Sandman S…which I have found to have exceptionally low back pressure compared to my other cans. I will report back my findings. I also installled the JP SCS in mine.

One more question for you then I better stop hijacking the thread. Do you bother with shims or just use loctite 609 or similar?
No shims just Loctite 620, make sure to use some 150 grit sandpaper on the inside of upper where the barrel extension sits and clean the upper and barrel extension with a degreaser like carb cleaner.

Reactions: wade2big
I have not finished the eval on the SP-10 the Bartlein Barrel from Craddock unfortunately development a detrimental issue, so it's back to the waiting game for a new Blank from Bartlein. Before the barrel shit the bed it was producing exceptional accuracy. Craddock does without a doubt make a quality Barrel, my issue was with the blank itself not the Smithing.

View attachment 7806697View attachment 7806698View attachment 7806700
Thanks for the update. Look forward to your evaluation.
Phil G

Reactions: bigjake83
No shims just Loctite 620, make sure to use some 150 grit sandpaper on the inside of upper where the barrel extension sits and clean the upper and barrel extension with a degreaser like carb cleaner.
Have you noticed a big difference in accuracy doing this? I remember watching a video with Frank and Seekins talking about this subject and Seekins said it doesn’t matter, especially with his upper design.

Have you noticed a big difference in accuracy doing this? I remember watching a video with Frank and Seekins talking about this subject and Seekins said it doesn’t matter, especially with his upper design.
@bigjake83 said his Seekins SP10 barrel was bedded from the factory. Seems like they changed their minds.

I'd rewatch that video glen specifically states that the M series are permanently mated and considered one unit.

I honestly haven't done it any other way unless the upper is slightly undersized and requires thermo fitting.

Reactions: kriller134
I am a little slow . This issue is now in it's 3rd year. Did it start when Seekins was offering coupons and discounts to buy their products? This explains why there is so many 6.5CM complete guns available cheap.

Seekins will do whatever it takes to make it right, but they want your money to fix it right. I do not want to support their R&D.

Has anyone tried a Bartlein barrel with the Superlative .875 gas block in a plus 2? You would have a much better system that works for only a few hundred dollars more and a complete upper receiver that you could use on a 308 also.

I’m currently hand loading for my 6.5CM SP-10. Mine was the first to leave Seekins with the new factory lengthened gas system. I plan on shooting mine unsuppressed and also with my DeadAir Sandman S…which I have found to have exceptionally low back pressure compared to my other cans. I will report back my findings. I also installled the JP SCS in mine.
Any updates?

I’m a retard and just realized your post I was reading was from February, but I was wondering what happened to the Bartlein you referenced on page 1 that shit the bed.

I’m a retard and just realized your post I was reading was from February, but I was wondering what happened to the Bartlein you referenced on page 1 that shit the bed.
It was a exceptional shooter, consistently printing at .3-5 but it developed a catastrophic Burr at the gasport that was just stripping the copper jackets. I had it examined by cradock and a third party and both said that it was unrepairable so Craddock refunded me and that's right as the barrel supply line dried up so I never got a new one from Craddock, it had nothing to do with the barrel work just shit luck. I currently have two 6.5CM Bartlein being spun up by CLE one for the Seekins and the other for a Brand New LaRue OBR project.

25.jpeg
18.jpeg

19.jpeg

Last edited:
It was a exceptional shooter, consistently printing at .3-5 but it developed a catastrophic Burr at the gasport that was just stripping the copper jackets. I had it examined by cradock and a third party and both said that it was unrepairable so Craddock refunded me and that's right as the barrel supply line dried up so I never got a new one from Craddock, it had nothing to do with the barrel work just shit luck. I currently have two 6.5CM Bartlein being spun up by CLE one for the Seekins and the other for a Brand New LaRue OBR project.

View attachment 7878291View attachment 7878292
View attachment 7878293
I have cleaning patches getting resistance at the gas block area and I wonder if I have this to look forward too. The barrel is none of the ones mentioned in this thread

View attachment 7878293
What scope it that, that is a nice view.

I have cleaning patches getting resistance at the gas block area and I wonder if I have this to look forward too. The barrel is none of the ones mentioned in this thread
How many rounds down the pipe? Ive had a couple do that, and the burr at the gas port was gone after the first trip to the range.

How many rounds down the pipe? Ive had a couple do that, and the burr at the gas port was gone after the first trip to the range.
0 so far. Got called out to work but I hope to put some through it in the next few weeks. I was hoping it just needed some break in, so I’m glad to hear that was your end result

View attachment 7878293

That's fairly minimal erosion. How many rounds on the barrel? How did it shoot after burr developed?

I just pulled my Bartlien after 2k+ rounds. It was still shooting but I ran out of bullets and switched to 6mm. My gas port erosion was more than double the diameter of gas port, but did not shave copper like that.

That's fairly minimal erosion. How many rounds on the barrel? How did it shoot after burr developed?

I just pulled my Bartlien after 2k+ rounds. It was still shooting but I ran out of bullets and switched to 6mm. My gas port erosion was more than double the diameter of gas port, but did not shave copper like that.

It was close to 200rds I think, it opened up over 2 MOA. But I didn't keep pumping rounds down it once I found issue, it was pretty clear the barrel was done.