• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins vs Lantac

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey gang... I am trying to get an idea of what comp is the better choice... The Lantac or Seekins? Its going to be going on a 556 rifle! Anyone have any advise, thoughts, pro's-con's?

Thanks!

Well from my experience with 556 any brake will work. I don't have either but I have several others and can't tell the difference between any of them. I don't think brake design starts to show how well it works until you get into bigger calibers.

Well from my experience with 556 any brake will work. I don't have either but I have several others and can't tell the difference between any of them. I don't think brake design starts to show how well it works until you get into bigger calibers.

Yeah,... I agree with that:)

I have both and have to say I like both. To me each of my rifles like different comps depending on how they are configured. I did extensive comp testing this year on a very light 16" AR for three gun competition and the Lantac, Rolling Thunder, Miculek, Seekins and JP all performed very well. If I had to pick only one the Lantac would probably be it because it is effective, light and is a little quieter than the others.

Last edited:
I've been running the Lantac for a while and 2000 rounds later I'm still diggin' it. I went through a gunfighter carbine school with it (1500 rounds in a week) and I wasn't the only person who could tell my follow ups were blazing fast. The rifle just doesn't move around. It'd take some kind of miracle brake/comp to get me to change.