• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins WSM DMS ?'s

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
Hiders,

I also posted this in the Gunsmithing forum, but It fits here too.

Who here is running Glen's WSM Bottom metal and mag? I'm considering changing out my Badger M4 bottom metal for his metal. I'm running a GAP built 7mm wsm, 700 SA, and I'd like to have a bit more room to be able to step up to the Berger 180 VLD's.
So if you have some experience with his DMS, I'd like to know...
1. What length are you getting into the mag?
2. How much of an inletting issue will I have swapping out the M4 to the Seekins DMS ?
3. Have you had any feed issues?
4. How do you like the mag release?

If you have photos, they would be greatly appreciated.
I know Glen's products are top shelf and I have always been happy with his bases and rings. I placed a couple of calls to him today, but I was unsuccessful in reaching anyone.

Thanks,
STS

Re: Seekins WSM DMS ?'s

Thanks for that link. 7 weeks! Looks like I need to get a hold of Glen or possibly start to consider Wyatt's.

This was USMCj's as well.

IMG_0258.jpg

Thanks Joe. Man Glen's machining skills are incredible.

Superde,

Hey, my call was returned by the gal at Seekins this afternoon. I was able to place my order and I was told that they are waiting on the 3 round magazines. The 5 rounders are still unavailable. She thought that it might be another two weeks or so. Figured you might like to know.

STS

Thanks STS. I called today and got the same thing LOL. I want the three anyway since it will be shorter/stick out less, and going on a hunting rig.

bottom metal was changed on my surgeon 7wsm to seekins dbm. my smith recommended the change so i could run the 180's through a mag. i did not even know what it looked like till i got it back about a month ago. it's a really a nice setup and adjusting to the mag release was really easy. good way to go for mag feeding those long a@# bullets.....I am happy with the change

we got the 3rd mags in and will be filling orders as fast as we can. We moved into our new building last week and im waaaaay behind on getting back to everyone. We got absolutly slamed with WSM orders and are filling them as fast as we can.

Hi Glen, Thank you for the update.

Being slammed with orders in this economy is a great thing Glen, you must be doing something right
wink.gif

Cant wait for those 5 rounders, Im going to need 2.