• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sell everything towards AIAX MC?

Two ways to look at this IMHO.

1. If zero shifts between calipers are repeatable and one doesn't consider it a PITA to re-zero the turret knobs every conversion, the familiarity with the platform, ergos, trigger, and scope (plus only having to invest in one scope) could all be big pluses. I want to train with .308 or other SA caliber for a while before unloading some rather expensive .338 LM in the same range trip without bringing an entire arsenal along, an AXMC with the caliber conversion kit (or DTI or MRAD) could be pretty awesome. Of course this is just speculation since I have a 2013 AX308 so I'd need to bring a barrel vise and heavy bench to the range if I wanted to try swapping SA calibers at the range,

2. If I want to share this great pastime with a friend (say, to get them interested) or my wife, or just let another shooter try out my rifle, I'm much better off with separate rifles for each caliber unless I want to just spectate. Also (and I know this is not likely but none the less it could happen) in the event of a scenario in which I had to use my rifle to protect mine/myself, multiple rifles could be far more useful than one switch caliber setup. You know the whole 2 is one and 1 is none rhetoric, and I can't simultaneously cover the front AND the rear with one weapon.

Two ways to look at this IMHO.

1. If zero shifts between calipers are repeatable and one doesn't consider it a PITA to re-zero the turret knobs every conversion, the familiarity with the platform, ergos, trigger, and scope (plus only having to invest in one scope) could all be big pluses. I want to train with .308 or other SA caliber for a while before unloading some rather expensive .338 LM in the same range trip without bringing an entire arsenal along, an AXMC with the caliber conversion kit (or DTI or MRAD) could be pretty awesome. Of course this is just speculation since I have a 2013 AX308 so I'd need to bring a barrel vise and heavy bench to the range if I wanted to try swapping SA calibers at the range,

2. If I want to share this great pastime with a friend (say, to get them interested) or my wife, or just let another shooter try out my rifle, I'm much better off with separate rifles for each caliber unless I want to just spectate. Also (and I know this is not likely but none the less it could happen) in the event of a scenario in which I had to use my rifle to protect mine/myself, multiple rifles could be far more useful than one switch caliber setup. You know the whole 2 is one and 1 is none rhetoric, and I can't simultaneously cover the front AND the rear with one weapon.

#2 is why I ended up with a short action and long action axmc. My kids/wife likes to shoot with me so needed another rifle for them.

For people who own either the AXMC or the Barrett MRAD: are there any disadvantages associated with having a barrel with quick attachment/detachment? Any issues with accuracy or does the mechanism that secure the barrel in place wear out over time?

I only have experience with rifles that have fixed barrels, so I'm truly curious on this issue.

For people who own either the AXMC or the Barrett MRAD: are there any disadvantages associated with having a barrel with quick attachment/detachment? Any issues with accuracy or does the mechanism that secure the barrel in place wear out over time?

I only have experience with rifles that have fixed barrels, so I'm truly curious on this issue.

I have no personal experience with longevity of QC rifle barrel retention systems per se but from a pure engineering perspective, the QC systems that exist should endure thousands of cycles without wearing out or breaking.

I love that little case! Really impressive! By the way, buying an AXMC is a one-time investment for all. Do not need to worry about pursuing another build up for different caliber anymore... just a new barrel with the proper chamber and you are done~!