• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sellier and bellot fmj

For what? Barrel life is so short on the 243 I can't imagine wanting just plinking ammo for it which is all S&B is good for in my opinion, especially fmj.

Reactions: Terry Cross
For what? Barrel life is so short on the 243 I can't imagine wanting just plinking ammo for it which is all S&B is good for in my opinion, especially fmj.

I suppose it depends on the rifle. While I don't have a 243, I have a 6.5 Creed, and its barrel life isn't exactly great, but the rifle isn't exactly great as well (Savage). I spent 1000 rounds of S&B FMJ through one of the barrels on it, and it was fine for training purposes. The ammo groups "ok", most groupings were sub MOA @ 100, but there were certainly fliers that I knew I didn't pull. I was able to stretch that ammo out to 1000 with some mild repeatability on hits, but range certainly wasn't its strong point.

Tell us how you really feel: you hate the 243 and think they should all be melted down to make shopping carts for Walmart

While I have no experience with .243, S&B 8x57mm FMJ is loaded to the original intended velocities (unlike U.S. versions of the same cartridge) and would shoot three holes touching at 100 yards out of my Yugo M48 Mauser.

-Stan

Reactions: Gryntch
Tell us how you really feel: you hate the 243 and think they should all be melted down to make shopping carts for Walmart
On the contrary I load a crap ton of 243. It has been my go to cartridge for various competitions for a long time. I prefer it over the various slower 6s currently in vogue.

Didnt mean to sound like a smartass. My question was an honest one. What would you need cheap fmj in 243 for? Without knowing the use, I have no use for S&B fmj for the 243.

On the contrary I load a crap ton of 243. It has been my go to cartridge for various competitions for a long time. I prefer it over the various slower 6s currently in vogue.

Didnt mean to sound like a smartass. My question was an honest one. What would you need cheap fmj in 243 for? Without knowing the use, I have no use for S&B fmj for the 243.
I only do paper targets and squirrels was just curious about s&b I don't reload so use mostly hornady and federal, but my bergara ridge really likes sierra prairie enemy

I just dug out an old notebook from the last time I ran S&B (dark green box, "tactical ammo" FMJBT).
ES = 39
SD = 13.31
FPS Avg = 2731

Granted, this was not 243, this was 6.5 Creed, but the ammo shot "ok". Like I said in my previous reply, it's decent for training, though your groups can get a bit wonky as there are some impacts that make you question things.

Thanks everyone I tried some in 6.5 couple years ago didn't care for it just wanted some input I'll stick with what's working☆☆☆if ain't broke don't try to fix it

I have shot a fair bit of their HPBT in 6.5 and wouldn't say it was any worse than hornady match or the American gunner bulk stuff I had.

I have shot some of the S&B 140 grain tactical and it is ok but has occasional flyers that just ruin a good group . The hornady American gunner is better , Not excellent but ok for what I do .