• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns selling 1911 slide. Need help determining worth.

nikdanja

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2014
Warrenton Virginia
I'm looking to sell my Kimber custom 2 slide with meprolight fixed sights. I have no idea how much it's worth or even where to sell it so I need help. The slide is in 95% shape with 2 small scratches near the front sight. Can anyone help me with determining value?

Please not I'm not selling this slide on this post, just need help figuring out a cost. If I put this post in the wrong section, please DONT GRILL ME just tell me where this needs to go. I look at all the thread descriptions and this is the only one that made sense.

Not worth much with idiot marks on it, maybe $100.00 if you're lucky. List it on Armslist under gun parts.

Idiot scratches don't appear on the slide, and are nowhere near the front sights.

How big and deep are the scratches? Is the slide blued or stainless?

$ 100 for the sights & $ 200 for the bare slide would be my guess. If it comes with firing pin, slide stop & extractor then add $40

Well, average prices for used full sized 1911 slides seem to be about $200 (across many brands.) New run about $350 or so. Of course, if you had someone that needed a Kimber Custom II slide you could probably get a premium for it. Of course, anyone will have to have a new barrel, bushing, and link fitted so it's not like a Glock that anyone can just pop it on any similar gen frame and run with it. I'd post it on one of the 1911 forums. There are plenty for sale on EBay from $50 to $350. Good luck with the sale!

Well, average prices for used full sized 1911 slides seem to be about $200 (across many brands.) New run about $350 or so. Of course, if you had someone that needed a Kimber Custom II slide you could probably get a premium for it. Of course, anyone will have to have a new barrel, bushing, and link fitted so it's not like a Glock that anyone can just pop it on any similar gen frame and run with it. I'd post it on one of the 1911 forums. There are plenty for sale on EBay from $50 to $350. Good luck with the sale!

I would sell it bare bones because I'm taking the insides to a new slide.

I just paid 125 for a commander length for what it's worth. It was a brand new bare Para.

Just curious of why you're swapping slides without a new barrel?

Just fair warning that bushing may not fit your new slide. He'll the barrel might not either

My gunsmith warned me about the bushing. If it's both that's fine cause I'll be able to squeeze a little more accuracy out of a fitted barrel and bushing to the new slide.

My gunsmith warned me about the bushing. If it's both that's fine cause I'll be able to squeeze a little more accuracy out of a fitted barrel and bushing to the new slide.

You might try to find that out prior to selling your old slide. Would get more as a matched set than you Prob would separately. Especially to someone who doesnt want to fit a barrel. Just a thought

Last edited:
Well...I want adjustable sights and Kimber has a specific cut they put in the rear of their sight. So I can spend $300+ shipping it to them, paying for them to make the cut (called 4 gun smiths and they said they can't do it cause it's such a precise cut only kimber can do it. Didn't want to take liability for dicking up the cut), then buying the sight I want. I would rather pay the same amount of money and have my gun smith hand fit the slide to my frame to squeeze a little bit more accuracy out of it.

People who care I sold it on ebay for $300. Sold in less than 6hrs of me posting it.

You might try to find that out prior to selling your old slide. Would get more as a matched set than you Prob would separately. Especially to someone who doesnt want to fit a barrel. Just a thought

Thanks for your suggestion. I actually sold it on eBay in less than 5 hrs of me posting it for $300. Took a shot in the dark and it worked lol

Thanks for your suggestion. I actually sold it on eBay in less than 5 hrs of me posting it for $300. Took a shot in the dark and it worked lol

Well that will buy you a new match grade barrel too should you want or need it! Good for you. More than I would have expected so that's awesome.