• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Semi-auto .308 Suppressor Recommendations

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I have a SCAR 17 that I really enjoy for coyote hunting and would like to suppress. I am looking for decent sound reduction and durability in regards to higher rate of fire. I currently have a TBAC 30BA, but I reserve that for my precision rifle. I like the ease of brake mounted cans and am not overly concerned with size and weight; however, smaller and lighter is always better ?

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

I would say take a very hard look at the silencerco specwar 7.62, best sound reduction I've seen for a 7.62 can from the reviews, minimal poi shift and amazing customer service.

I have the specwar 762 and love it. It's not the lightest one out there but it solid and repeatable. As mentioned before SilencerCo's CS is top notch too!

I like my YHM titanium 30 cal qd can for that application.

Last edited:
Thanks for great recommendations!

Mike - Never seen the Saker, but that looks nice! That might be the ticket.

NOT an AAC can that uses a QD. if you get a can that wobbles you will end up with a $1200 paper weight.

90t is good to go. Hell, I have 15k thru my M4-2000 and 3k through my MK13-SD on a 12" POF with zero issues on either the 51T or the 90T mounts. Nothin a wire brush and a little acetone every 500 rnds won't cure!

Orrrr.... You could go with the heaviest, longest 30 cal can on the market with no increase (and occasionally an inferior level) of DB reduction not to mention tonal variations that would put about 10-12 other cans way ahead of a Specwar 762....

90t is good to go. Hell, I have 15k thru my M4-2000 and 3k through my MK13-SD on a 12" POF with zero issues on either the 51T or the 90T mounts. Nothin a wire brush and a little acetone every 500 rnds won't cure!

Orrrr.... You could go with the heaviest, longest 30 cal can on the market with no increase (and occasionally an inferior level) of DB reduction not to mention tonal variations that would put about 10-12 other cans way ahead of a Specwar 762....

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say this. The Specwar was the most quiet on silencershop's .30 cal video.

I use a AWC THOR on my ar10 sass and it works phenomenal, pricey though!

I highly suggest the saker 7.62. I have totem to use one and watch one in use on several hog hunts.

It was used on a 12.5 PWS .308, a 16" 6.8 spc ar-15, and an 8.5" 300 black out ar-15. It did a great job suppressing each rifle.

If you are set on buying one before the saker gets to dealers then the specwar 7.62 is the way to go. I heard the saker 7.62 should be at dealers in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say this. The Specwar was the most quiet on silencershop's .30 cal video.

That's because it's absolute bullshit. Having been to many demo shoots where everything is being suppressed with a wide variety of cans, it doesn't hold water. No, I don't personally own a Specwar 7.62, but if I had need for another 30 cal can I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. The Specwar's only drawback is the weight, however if you have any intentions of running several mags through a 30 cal rifle at time it is definitely a workhorse up to the task. If you take the time to examine one you'd see what I mean as they are definitely well built.

Specwar 7.62 is rated to 300 ultra mag! It will handle most anything I could ever throw at it. I don't own full auto anything or enough money to shoot 308 anything fast enough to get near the temps to damage the specwar.

Yes, it us a little heavier but no more than other full size stainless rifles cans. I have 2 specwars on the way for my hunting clients to use. I wanted something robust and reliable. I think I found it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

I'm digging the SAS Reaper, but for this application would say the Arbiter in Ti

I own both. Both great cans, but I wouldn't suggest one if thinking of doing mag dumps. I've had no issues with ti overheating, but the warnings are out there. Arbiter is much quieter than my Reaper, but the Reaper is still quiet.

If one were interested in SAS cans, and can't decide between Reaper or Arbiter (length/weight vs sound reduction) I suggest looking at the new SAS Resistor. Right between the other two in size. Mile High Shooting has one in stock.

For the OP: I would suggest a look at the Saker 762, great flexible mounting system and tougher than Ti suppressors if you want to go wild with rate of fire. Light enough to not feel out of place on any rifle, also.

Specwar 7.62 for the win. All around best all use can, right price, right company. Easy decision.

I agree on AWC my 7 AWCs and two Macks are ALL very good.

I use a AWC THOR on my ar10 sass and it works phenomenal, pricey though!

I know I get laughed at but my YHM steel phantom has been great. I guess it's like optics in a way, don't look through scopes you can't afford.

I was in the same boat you were. I have a TBAC 30p1 for my bolt guns, but wanted something for my Maten build and my AR15 ordered the 7.62 SpecWar last week. Check out silencer shop they got a shipment in last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Specwar was the quietest. However, they also compared the Specwar against AACs 762-SDN6 not the MK13-SD. Big difference there...

The Specwar was the quietest. However, they also compared the Specwar against AACs 762-SDN6 not the MK13-SD. Big difference there...

I also use a MK13-SD. The 90T has as rock solid lock up, and very little POI shift that is reliable and repeatable. It is quieter on a 20" .308 than the 762-SDN-6 is on a 14" 300 Blackout with supersonics, but not by a wide margin. While I think highly of the Mk13-SD, and I would gladly buy another, I'm not sure I would want to put one on a semi-auto that might see some long rapid fire strings. But for a hunting situation it is great. While people next to me hate the effect of the muzzle brake, I really appreciate its ease of use compared to a screw on in the dark with cold hands.

I'll be ordering a can this summer for an 18" barreled LMT 308 that will see some mag dumps. I will be hard pressed between the SR7 and the Specwar for the simple reason that some of the Specwar reviews/demos show it taking an incredible amount of abuse and walking away unscathed. So far, I have over bought every can. For 308 I have 300WM rated cans, for 300BO I got 308 cans, and so on. The Specwar fits this trend nicely.

When is e-file going to be back online? Mid-2015? Buy one now and wait the 10-11 months and I'll bet you pick it up at the shop before e-file starts rolling again....

Unfortunately that is. ?

Look at Allen Engineering, the hands behind Ops Inc cans. Ron Allen's AE30 is tough, priced right, and can handle 300WM.

When is e-file going to be back online? Mid-2015? Buy one now and wait the 10-11 months and I'll bet you pick it up at the shop before e-file starts rolling again....

Unfortunately that is.

Efile will come back online as soon as I paper file... But I'm actually going to wait for a few weeks and see if we get any news. After that I'll just paper file.