• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Semi-Auto 6.5 CM w/ $6K Budget

I went with the SR25 and Mk20... In 7.62.

IF I get into 6.5 it'll be to convert the SR25, simply because they use a 22" cut rifle bbl. Hard to go wrong with either one though and I wouldn't spend $6k on either unless it came with the scope. Well, ballparkish. Those are roughly $4500 rifles and are every bit as reliable as they are accurate. You may be able to get more accurate but I doubt you'll find a better combination of accuracy and reliability.

Contact Jack Leuba at Knights and ask him about his short barreled 6.5... the results are very interesting 🧐

Not really sure how to take these types of questions. If someone is going to drop $6k on a rifle, you would think the person is experienced, knows what they are doing and what they are looking for. Is it someone with a pocket full of money wanting to know what everyone thinks is cool or are they just looking for some opinions? Hard to figure sometime.

"ryanscott", So before you spent $6k+ on your one and only SBR, did you go onto an Internet forum and ask a bunch of clueless questions?

Thank you everyone for the input. I decided to go with a LMT 6.5 Long Range. Still undecided on the optic.

Good Choice.

I would also keep your eye out for a used/take off 308 barrel just for blasting steel cased/surplus. The thing that I really like about LMT is that they really support their platform. I originally started out with Original 16 inch CL railed version. Picked up a 18 inch SS, shot great, used it more than the 16 inch CL, Picked up a MLOC Chassis when they released it. At this point I had 2 uppers, one with the 16cl, and the other with the 18SS that almost become dedicated uppers, one lighter blaster and one the is for longer ranges or accuracy. I am currently running a 13.5 with Sandman K as a blaster and a 20 inch 6.5cm as a longer range option

At this point I ended up just getting a spare BCG and CH to not have to swap them when changing uppers, and now, i really only need a Lower and i have to complete weapons.

If you do social media, sign up to them on Instagram or Facebook and they will give you a heads up when they do holiday sales and while they are always homeruns, some really good deals on chassis and barrels do pop up

If you have access to Vortex or Leupolds MIL/LE sales program, the Mark 5HD or the Razor are really hard to pass up. I think that anything in the 3-18 mag range suit the rifle really well.

Good choice on going with the LMT.

As for an optic, look at the NF ATACR 4-16x42 with the Mil-C or even Mil-XT reticle. For a gasser, I think it’s an awesome size.,If you’re Mil/LE, hit them up for their discount program. Toss that in a badger unimount or rings and you’ve got a system that can go anywhere.

While you’re out buying stuff, snag yourself 2 or 4 spare quick-loc bolts and one washer, that way you have em in your spare parts kit should you ever lose or strip one. I didn’t care for the torque wrench it came with so I snagged a T-handle pre-set for my LMT. Another thing to consider is snagging the Magpul PRS or LMT DMR stock w/ a LAW folder.

Lastly, keep an eye out in the PX and you’ll find some awesome deals on barely used LMT barrels. Never hurts to have some options/spares.

Congrats on the new LMT, you won’t regret it.
🍻

Good choice on going with the LMT.

As for an optic, look at the NF ATACR 4-16x42 with the Mil-C or even Mil-XT reticle. For a gasser, I think it’s an awesome size.,If you’re Mil/LE, hit them up for their discount program. Toss that in a badger unimount or rings and you’ve got a system that can go anywhere.

While you’re out buying stuff, snag yourself 2 or 4 spare quick-loc bolts and one washer, that way you have em in your spare parts kit should you ever lose or strip one. I didn’t care for the torque wrench it came with so I snagged a T-handle pre-set for my LMT. Another thing to consider is snagging the Magpul PRS or LMT DMR stock w/ a LAW folder.

Lastly, keep an eye out in the PX and you’ll find some awesome deals on barely used LMT barrels. Never hurts to have some options/spares.

Congrats on the new LMT, you won’t regret it.
🍻

Excellent suggestions across the board! I replaced my torque wrench with a Seekonk pre-set T-handle torque wrench, a little pricey but they make very high quality tools and it takes up a lot less space in your range bag!

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I also dont doubt JP would replace the barrel for you if need be. But yeah i honestly cant vouch for how extensive the barrel removal process is for them.
I'm pretty sure they have a barrel swap price on their website. I've had two 6 CM barrels swapped over the years and it was easy. Sent it in and got it back within a week or so.

Dumb question - is the thread on the SR-25 6.5 cm 3/4-24 like the 7.62/.308? Have the folks that have them popped the 7.62 MAMS on them?