• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Send it back? or deal with it?

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
I got a rifle direct from Remington at a good price after going to an armorers course. I plan on using it as a donor action.
After a couple of weeks waiting I went to my FFL to pick it up this afternoon and this is what the bolt face looked like....

bolt004.jpg

bolt003.jpg

bolt002.jpg

bolt001.jpg

The pics aren't that great as I took them with my iphone.
The part I do not like is the BRIGHT SHINY part, it looks like someone reamed it with a burr bit on a dremel, you can see the teeth marks and on top of the the teeth marks go completley around the ejector.
I did'nt pick it up as I am going to call the rep I dealt with to see what they will do.
Rough ain't the word, burrs poking down into the extractor channel. I think the marks can be polished out but damn I hate spending money on something that is supposed to be "New" and then have to work on it.

Send it back or not?

Re: Send it back? or deal with it?

THAT was something hand jobbed for a rebated rim'd cartridge......so see if it works before you get your panties in a wad

Cant really see it all too well, but from the blur, it looks fucked up. If you plan on OPENING the bolt face, I wouldnt worry about the shotty craftsmanship they sent to you, otherwise, I'de send that back in a heartbeat.

i fucking love it....if it ain't a picture fresh from the paint booth with the obligatory swimming pool in the back ground.....you girls freak and start crying......

What if it doesn't function correctly?

Id send it back for safety sake. That and they should work on their QC and not let shitty items like that make it out. Makes a company look bad. Kind of like Taurus, every Judge I have bought from them had to be sent back for minor repairs. Great guns and concept but poor quality control.

send it back to them or have a smith open it up!

I would absolutely send it back...no excuse for something like that making it out of Remington without somebody catching it. Hopefully Remington's CS is better than their QC!!

That is a new rifle bolt? Don't look like it but the pics are not the best.

Hey Boltripper STFU about my pool, you know damn well rifles next to my pool get more
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a new rifle bolt? Don't look like it but the pics are not the best.

Hey Boltripper STFU about my pool, you know damn well rifles next to my pool get more
wink.gif

</div></div>

i love your pool......indulgences

...and more importantly the work you do....it is top shelf....i got carried away by all the bed wetters....sorry if you took my ....comments the wrong way...not meant to be a slam at you or your work....

I'd send it back. Ordered a DPMS some years ago and when I looked at it in the ffl presence, saw a number of scratches on the barrel, so had it sent back, it's all good now. In my book, it's unacceptable to buy a brand new product, which is not in pristine condition!

yes scratches......must have pristine so it looks good in the closet

oh for fucks sakes..............

its better to look good than to work good........

OH FOR FUCKS SAKES................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a new rifle bolt? Don't look like it but the pics are not the best.

wink.gif

</div></div>

i love your pool......indulgences

...and more importantly the work you do....it is top shelf....i got carried away by all the bed wetters....sorry if you took my ....comments the wrong way...not meant to be a slam at you or your work.... </div></div>

No, I took it like you meant it, that's what the little winky face was for
grin.gif
, you make me laugh more times then not, my skin is pretty thick.

I do agree some things are just not worth sweating over. I do question that bolt if it’s supposed to be new, it sure doesn’t look like it from the pics but if it works why send it back especially if it's going to be worked over and refinished anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bolt,

You warmed up tonight?</div></div>

.....HELL yeah !

No question, I would send it back. Whatever happened to quality control? Everything is fucking outsourced to another country now a day, so much for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes scratches......must have pristine so it looks good in the closet

oh for fucks sakes..............

its better to look good than to work good........

OH FOR FUCKS SAKES................

</div></div>

if you buy a new car and when you take delivery there is a dent in the door, do you just accept it since we all get door dings eventually? if i buy something as new, i expect it to be new and not hacked up.

I'll go look at the bolt in person tommorow, but you know what my answer is.
Hell you shoulda bought my GAP,
Have fun in Gastonia & tell everybody to kiss my @$$

I would send it back. New is fucking new. I would also be suspicious about the rest of the rifle.

When you buy used, you are supposed to save money.

SEND IT BACK WITH A NICE PRINT UP OF THIS THREAD...

bet you get back a really nice one with some schwag..

....there is no hope...........................

....although....the idea of the send-back for some schwag hold some appeal.....but then the morons that let this one slip would have to be able to read the english language.....

Send it back in a heartbeat, and they should definitely hook you up for the inconvenience and their lack of QC.

Betcha would have gotten a nice rifle at the retail price. Armorer's course and good price, hell they figured you could iron the problems right on out there.

Call Remington, send it back. Makes no difference right out of the box shooter or a project. Thats looks bad, real bad.

I get the "if it works, then it's fine" idea but if it is sold as new (whether at a good price or not) and it clearly isn't new then you need to send it back and get what you paid for or a refund! It really is (or should be) that simple

Talked to the LEO rep today. She was very eager to offer options.
1. Send it in for service
2. send it in as a return/refund and then she will automatically reorder a new one as soon as this one is receieved.
Either option means a four week wait minimum.
It will be on it's way back for a new one to replace it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should have bought a Surgeon!
grin.gif
</div></div>

I agree. you dont have to massage those! they come ready to shoot.
smile.gif