• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sent my bushnell for warranty work and

I have also just had recent problems from bushnell warranty. In my opinion theyre definitely not on par with their competitors when it comes to warranty/customer service.

I had a older Bushnell scope 12+years would not hold zero, sent it in they sent me a new , better scope no questions asked.I have since bought other Bushnell products.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Yeah? Do tell........detail the issue
I had a friend of mine that does all of my ffl/sot related stuff order a scope for me via one of his suppliers for a budget savage build. Now he is not a optics/bushnell dealer.
The scope is a Bushnell elite bt6245fg. This was going to fit the bill perfectly for a budget build. He called told me the scope had came in so I went and picked it up, got home opened it up to admire it a bit and looking through the scope there were black specks on the glass and the elevation turret was froze solid. No movement either direction.

Well some things happen, had my first child ect. Fast forward 2ish months, I call bushnell get a lab ticket, spend nearly $50 shipping it to them. Few weeks go by and I got the scope back, now I'm pretty excited because I have yet to fire a round through this rifle. Open the box just to find a letter and a scope that hasnt been touched. The letter stated that due to the cost of repairs exceeding the cost of replacement then they were going to offer me a DMR 2 PRO after I send them $1200. Kinda funny to that the plastic around the scope was still taped up where I had taped my info and lab repair # to it like it hadnt even been removed or inspected. Anywho...

If $1200 was an option then I wouldve got one off the used market in the first place. Obviously not gonna happen, So I get back on the phone with them. Spoke with a guy and I once again explained, brand new scope, never mounted, sighted in, shot, nothing at all. I agreed that I would pay for an upgrade but $1200 is not feasible for me at the moment. He comes back with well my technician said the turret was overspun. (Which is complete bs but hey...) He then states that hes going to email a supervisor and promises me a call back the following day....
I have still yet to hear back from them and that was Monday.

Now I'm not going to bash them, this is solely my opinion and experience. I have always like bushnells optics and I think theyve filled a great void in the market however I've just drew the short stick on this one. I think the fact that I was promised a call and never got it probably makes me a little more upset.

I had a friend of mine that does all of my ffl/sot related stuff order a scope for me via one of his suppliers for a budget savage build. Now he is not a optics/bushnell dealer.
The scope is a Bushnell elite bt6245fg. This was going to fit the bill perfectly for a budget build. He called told me the scope had came in so I went and picked it up, got home opened it up to admire it a bit and looking through the scope there were black specks on the glass and the elevation turret was froze solid. No movement either direction.

Well some things happen, had my first child ect. Fast forward 2ish months, I call bushnell get a lab ticket, spend nearly $50 shipping it to them. Few weeks go by and I got the scope back, now I'm pretty excited because I have yet to fire a round through this rifle. Open the box just to find a letter and a scope that hasnt been touched. The letter stated that due to the cost of repairs exceeding the cost of replacement then they were going to offer me a DMR 2 PRO after I send them $1200. Kinda funny to that the plastic around the scope was still taped up where I had taped my info and lab repair # to it like it hadnt even been removed or inspected. Anywho...

If $1200 was an option then I wouldve got one off the used market in the first place. Obviously not gonna happen, So I get back on the phone with them. Spoke with a guy and I once again explained, brand new scope, never mounted, sighted in, shot, nothing at all. I agreed that I would pay for an upgrade but $1200 is not feasible for me at the moment. He comes back with well my technician said the turret was overspun. (Which is complete bs but hey...) He then states that hes going to email a supervisor and promises me a call back the following day....

Now I'm not going to bash them, this is solely my opinion and experience. I have always like bushnells optics and I think theyve filled a great void in the market however I've just drew the short stick on this one. I think the fact that I was promised a call and never got it probably makes me a little more upset.

Paging @Bushnell and @Team RCBS & Bushnell. They now have a dedicated presence on the Hide for situations like this.

Sorry about that and thanks for the info. My experience a year ago couldn't have been any different. I sent in a Weaver 'new model' 5-20x50mm grandslam for parallax adjustment issues (not focusing past 150 yards). Bushnell had it repaired and back to me within two weeks. Hope you get squared away, and hope they get there act together as I just bought 4 of the XRS II scopes when Midwayusa had their crazy clearance pricing and $200 gift card. Went from ZERO to 4 Bushnells in a months time. They better get their service department up to snuff

Just wanted to update you guys, bushnell got in contact with me after having a mix up with my email. They sent me a return label to have the scope sent in again. They have followed up with me and the scope is unrepairable but they are however going to make it right and send me a replacement.

Well I was encouraged by all the positive posts when I had to send my XRS in last month. Turns out that my positivity was misplaced. 34 days after it arrived at their facility I was finally informed that they can't fix it and are sending a replacement. Great, right? Not so much. The scope I sent in had an H59 reticle, the one they're sending back has the G3, which is obviously totally different. I've contacted Dan on here and I'm hoping he can help, otherwise I'll have a brand new XRS 2 for sale.

@Bushnell how are repair times right now?

Ive got a tactical elite spotter that I need to send in at some point but was worried it may be crazy right now.

This is definitely our busiest time of year. I'd estimate total turnaround time currently is about 6-7 weeks. Shoot me a PM about your spotter and I'll see if there's a more efficient solution.

-Dan

I sent in a 4.5-18 LRTSi for warranty claim last month. Bushnell received the scope on 13 Nov. Every time I check the repair status on Bushnell’s website, it shows the status as “new.” I called their customer service today and their rep told me my scope is in que, awaiting inspection. I can’t imagine them not having the opportunity to even look at my scope after four weeks but the CS rep said they are absolutely swamped, having more stuff in for repair than they have ever had. Hopefull, that’s not a reflection on the quality of their Elite Tactical line, which I have really enjoyed using and have heaped praises upon up to this point. I sent a PM to @Bushnell and @Team RCBS & Bushnell but have received no response yet.

John

Oh Bushnell.

I have owned one Bushnell thing; it was my first and will be my last. Remember back in 2010ish when your choice of spotters with a reticle were basically only Leupold, and then Bushnell came out with that HD spotter with a mildot in it and everyone jumped on it?

I got one and within 6 months the focus adjustment had seized as well as the reticle 'glass' would turn 10 or so degrees in whatever direction you rotated the mag adjustment. Yay.

So it sat in its box for a while as I just never got around to fucking with the warranty and forgot about it. Finally called and sent it in for the warranty. When I called, I got a weird sense that this was common and the person I spoke with also mentioned that they thought these would eventually be discontinued because of the issues they had.

I'm like, ok, well, fix it and send it back. They mentioned that it may not be fixable; I then asked what happened if it wasn't? Person said theyd send me a new one to which I made sure they nottated that I ONLY wanted this specific spotter as it was the only spotter with a reticle they had. I then packed it up, put a typed out note outlining that I ONLY wanted this specific spotter and to call me if there were any issues or changes or problems.

3-4 months pass and a box shows up.

I open the box and its.....some kind of Bushell spotter that isn't the model I sent in, it doesn't have a reticle and it isn't even a straight eyepiece but angled. If you had sent me anything more different than what I had originally sent, I'd have a pair of binoculars. I also look the spotting scope up on their site to see if maybe they sent me some crazy good model as a replacement and then the real kick; it was literally $3-400 cheaper than what the spotter I had mailed in was and was basically just garbage.

I call them again and explain what just happened and why I was obviously not happy at all. They said the model was discontinued and this was their policy. Great; so your policy is to send me shit, and then when shit breaks you send me a vastly cheaper model. Fantastic policy. After much arguing, I got a consolation prize of a coupon code for like $250 off anything on their site. EL O EL

So let me get this straight. You take my fucked up spotter, send me back something I dont want/won't use/specifically stated I didn't want/is a much lower model and value and your answer is to offer me $250 off of buying ANOTHER fucking spotter?

Yeah. Get fucked.

Spotter60 Masterrace.

Dan @Bushnell reached out to me via PM and, as their CS rep told me on the phone, confirmed it was in the que for inspection. He stated he anticipates they’ll get to it early next week and he’s gonna keep tabs on it. Thanks Dan!

John

Oh Bushnell.

I have owned one Bushnell thing; it was my first and will be my last. Remember back in 2010ish when your choice of spotters with a reticle were basically only Leupold, and then Bushnell came out with that HD spotter with a mildot in it and everyone jumped on it?

I got one and within 6 months the focus adjustment had seized as well as the reticle 'glass' would turn 10 or so degrees in whatever direction you rotated the mag adjustment. Yay.

So it sat in its box for a while as I just never got around to fucking with the warranty and forgot about it. Finally called and sent it in for the warranty. When I called, I got a weird sense that this was common and the person I spoke with also mentioned that they thought these would eventually be discontinued because of the issues they had.

I'm like, ok, well, fix it and send it back. They mentioned that it may not be fixable; I then asked what happened if it wasn't? Person said theyd send me a new one to which I made sure they nottated that I ONLY wanted this specific spotter as it was the only spotter with a reticle they had. I then packed it up, put a typed out note outlining that I ONLY wanted this specific spotter and to call me if there were any issues or changes or problems.

3-4 months pass and a box shows up.

I open the box and its.....some kind of Bushell spotter that isn't the model I sent in, it doesn't have a reticle and it isn't even a straight eyepiece but angled. If you had sent me anything more different than what I had originally sent, I'd have a pair of binoculars. I also look the spotting scope up on their site to see if maybe they sent me some crazy good model as a replacement and then the real kick; it was literally $3-400 cheaper than what the spotter I had mailed in was and was basically just garbage.

I call them again and explain what just happened and why I was obviously not happy at all. They said the model was discontinued and this was their policy. Great; so your policy is to send me shit, and then when shit breaks you send me a vastly cheaper model. Fantastic policy. After much arguing, I got a consolation prize of a coupon code for like $250 off anything on their site. EL O EL

So let me get this straight. You take my fucked up spotter, send me back something I dont want/won't use/specifically stated I didn't want/is a much lower model and value and your answer is to offer me $250 off of buying ANOTHER fucking spotter?

Yeah. Get fucked.

Spotter60 Masterrace.
What are you doing slumming with the Bushy poors like me?

I bought a used HDMR with the H-58 reticle here a few years ago and it wouldn't resolve parallax so I called Bushnell looking for help. I made it clear that I bought the HDMR used and they said it doesn't matter and that their "No BS warranty" was still in effect. I sent the scope in and it couldn't be repaired and they don't make the H-58 any more so they upgraded me to a BRAND NEW HDMR with the H-59 reticle at NO CHARGE.

Fan boy for life

Dan @Bushnell reached out to me via PM and, as their CS rep told me on the phone, confirmed it was in the que for inspection. He stated he anticipates they’ll get to it early next week and he’s gonna keep tabs on it. Thanks Dan!

John

Dan @Bushnell contacted me today with a status update and resolution for my scope. Bushnell doesn’t make the LRTSi anymore and did not have parts to fix my scope so offered to replace my scope with the DMR IIi, which is an upgrade for sure. They also allowed me to do a further upgrade to the DMR II Pro if I would pay the difference, which I happily did.

While it took a little longer than I would have liked, I am extremely impressed with how Bushnell stood by their product. Cudos to Dan and his Bushnell team.

John

This is definitely our busiest time of year. I'd estimate total turnaround time currently is about 6-7 weeks. Shoot me a PM about your spotter and I'll see if there's a more efficient solution.

-Dan

Big shout out to Dan @Bushnell . Contacted him about my issue and he expedited everything for me and sent me a new spotter! Got it in the mail today and it looks great!

I bought a used HDMR with the H-58 reticle here a few years ago and it wouldn't resolve parallax so I called Bushnell looking for help. I made it clear that I bought the HDMR used and they said it doesn't matter and that their "No BS warranty" was still in effect. I sent the scope in and it couldn't be repaired and they don't make the H-58 any more so they upgraded me to a BRAND NEW HDMR with the H-59 reticle at NO CHARGE.

Fan boy for life

Yep. They have learned. CS is key. And they work hard to do it well.

@TheGerman
So if your wife cooks you a steak are you forever going to not eat steak she makes? Especially if she went to cooking class and has learned about how to do it better?

Im not supporting piss poor practices or what they did.
Seems they have learned and have worked hard to develop a solid CS program, that while still growing, they have also set up a couple folks on here just to make sure stuff gets handled appropriately.
Seems aight to me.

And you cant say besides cooking, that your wife never pisses you off and you forgive her and move on, while also letting her know to please not do that again.
And of course this is all while letting her know you aint a poor and to pick her damn shoes up.