• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SENTINEL Hunters - New school trying to have an old school flavor.

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
These have all the latest iterations of my best rifle building tech but with an attempt to twist the cosmetics into a hint of old school.

IMG_1328.JPG

The only way I can get these into the schedule each year is to basically try to loosely parallel the work and components that go into my L.E. SENTINELs and LongSwords.

The actions are branded Defiance hunter style but with the KMW specs. This lets me stay in a very comfortable lane working with actions super similar to the actions I use for everything else.

IMG_1353.JPG

The McWoody gel coat gives a decent mimic of wood but the stock has the latest iteration of the IMB and Gen II DBM hardware.
The E-120 CeraKote looks like old school parkerizing/phosphate metal finishes.

IMG_1354 No SN.jpg

I get Krieger to run me some barrels that are the lightest Palma contour they feel comfortable fluting to keep the rifle look and weight more in line with traditional hunting rifles.

This is a hectic but fun project each year and the fact that they shoot stupid good with the Federal GM makes it very rewarding.

I needed a mental break while still at the shop at 11PM tonight so decided to share some of this week's work that's a little different than my usual fare.

./

Dammit, with a little shorter barrel, I was planning on a project like this sometime soon. Those are some nice looking rifles.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Oh my oh my.

Not McWoody and have a Med Palma barreled action in a KMW Sentinel.

it is nothing short of spectacular.

Though my 10 yr old daughter has announced that when the Sentinel LOP fits her, Im SOL and will have to figure out some thing else. 🤣

These are cool as can be Mr Cross!!