• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SENTINEL stocks with M2008 Mag Actions

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
A lot of phone calls and emails have been asking about this so I thought I would post an update.

I have run some of the Badger M2008 Actions in the SENTINEL stocks with the new LA DBM systems and they are working out very well.

Couple of photos show how this big action rides in the stock package.

McMillan Sand Camo and 2-tone CeraKote
1-31-2011upload003.jpg

South West Marble Camo and 2-tone CeraKote
1-27-2011upload017.jpg

Re: SENTINEL stocks with M2008 Mag Actions

My god terry that sand marble is incredible.

Awesome stocks Terry! Any time frame to when these will be available?

Agree with what everyone else has said. Have to be my favorite rifle builds of all time. Also love the finishes. Hopefully your still building in a couple years hehe definitely will be calling.

Jeff,

PM sent on availability.

I am constantly finishing and shipping rifles. The ones in the photos were examples of some of the color schemes I use to offer variety and something original. While I have done quite a few of these stocks for the M2008 short action, these were the first ones to run the Magnum M2008 inlet and I wanted to share.

Getting the rear tang perfectly flush with the stock surface would require a completely new mold just for these actions. However the rest of the inlet worked perfectly with these actions. I think it is a shame when somebody puts this much money into a custom project and forces the action into a stock that was never meant to accomodate it. While it looks ok from across the range, there is no way to hide the miss matched bolt handle cut and ejection port cut when you are within 20 feet of the rifle. Fortunately we don't worry about trying to make these clone another rifle so we are free to make it work and look correctly from the beginning.

Here are some close shots of the receiver area.
1-27-2011upload012.jpg

1-31-2011upload004-1.jpg

What caliber are the two rifles in? And which one do you want to sell me
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to love them. </div></div>

Uh oh. Don't get any ideas...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sentinel folder in the works? </div></div>

8252010017.jpg

Yes. However, this project is not moving forward right now due to other priority projects. Not going to be ready for public consumption for at least a year. Got about 30 rifles on the street with it but the stand-alone stock ready for a customer to bolt on is at least 12 months out.

Terry,

Great looking rifles! Wish I had the financial means to acquire one.

Do you have CIP length bottom metal worked out for the Surgeon XL?

I also sent you an email on this and another order.

Thanks!

Thanks Sir.

And yes, I do have a few of the stocks left in inventory for the Surgeon XL with CIP length DBM. Also have the CIP mags in stock to go with it.

Terry,

Any word on the Rem 700 pattern LA Stocks?

Thanks,
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
8252010017.jpg
</div></div>
Just got laid off so please take me off the M.A.C.S. waiting list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sentinel folder in the works? </div></div>

8252010017.jpg

Yes. However, this project is not moving forward right now due to other priority projects. Not going to be ready for public consumption for at least a year. Got about 30 rifles on the street with it but the stand-alone stock ready for a customer to bolt on is at least 12 months out. </div></div> AWWWWWWWWWWW..SNAP!

my good man....you have outdone yourself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about non-folder sentinel stocks with MACS for S/A Badger M2008 actions?</div></div>

Not sure what you are asking.
The M.A.C.S. (Mission Adaptable Combat Stock) <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> the folder brother of the SENTINEL stock.
What exactly are you looking for when you say non-folder with MACS?

Thanks,
Terry

Always taking it to the next level i like this new folding stock. Keep it up Terry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about non-folder sentinel stocks with MACS for S/A Badger M2008 actions?</div></div>

Not sure what you are asking.
The M.A.C.S. (Mission Adaptable Combat Stock) <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> the folder brother of the SENTINEL stock.
What exactly are you looking for when you say non-folder with MACS?

Thanks,
Terry </div></div>

I'm sorry, I meant the Integrated Mounting Block. I spoke with you over the phone last summer before I deployed and you said it was a few months out. If at all possible, I'd love this for when I come home. I know you are busy and I don't want to pester you, just curious, that's all.

At this time, I have not decided whether to offer the I.M.B. for the Badger M2008. While it is a good action, it and the Surgeon XL present a different set of issues to deal with compared to the round bottom actions. Badger and XL both have flat bottoms and slightly drafted sides. Still trying to decided whether I want sides of the IMB to extend up to the top of the stock like the current ones do.

If I can get some other projects completed, I plan on trying to finish the CAD and get a rapid prototype run to check all the clearances. If I go forward with them, they will likely not be ready until Fall.

In the mean time, the stock will continue to be available with conventional inlets and aluminum pillars for the short and long M2008.

I really appreciate your interest.
Be safe and Thank You for your service.

No wind,
Terry

Any plans for a non thumbhole stock?

Terry,

How about a shot of the rear of the stock from above, curious if the knob sticks out or is it recessed?

Love the ones I have from you!

The release knob for the adj. cheek piece is actually dome shaped and de-horned to hug the stock and offer as little as possible for things to catch on.

The one shown on the MACS is the final design and was not anodized at that time.

I will try to get an image from that view.

Could we have some more information on the upcoming non-thumbhole model? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have had several requests to show a close up of the bipod rail on the 1st rifle. Here is best I have right now.

1-31-2011upload005.jpg

All SENTINEL stocks now have a convertible bipod station that allows easy setup for both popular bipod attachement points. The stock was originally designed with a molded in "nest" for a Harris bipod. The original idea was to keep the bipod as close to the bore as possible and also as low profile as possible when folded. This has worked extremely well and I wanted to offer a 1913 / Pic rail option that approached the same concept.

I really dislike stocks with tall forends. I equally dislike stocks that have a stack of bipod adapters or a Pic rail that is hanging way under the stock like a cheese grater. After some design tweaks and some CAD and Prototype tests, I came up with this setup.
8102010002.jpg

The bottom stock in this photo shows the Harris Adapter Plate (black)that offers the perfect mounting and mating of the Harris bipods to this stock. The top stock in this photo shows how the 1913 rail (green)can be substituted via 2 Torx screws and still keep everything low profile by virtue of the pocketed nest design.

Hope this explains what you guys were asking about.
Everybody have a safe week.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The release knob for the adj. cheek piece is actually dome shaped and de-horned to hug the stock and offer as little as possible for things to catch on.

The one shown on the MACS is the final design and was not anodized at that time.

I will try to get an image from that view.</div></div>

When will the release knobs be available?

Eddie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sentinel folder in the works? </div></div>

8252010017.jpg

Yes. However, this project is not moving forward right now due to other priority projects. Not going to be ready for public consumption for at least a year. Got about 30 rifles on the street with it but the stand-alone stock ready for a customer to bolt on is at least 12 months out. </div></div>

Bump!

polls_funny_pictures_racoon_yes_3511_964481_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

I bought the SW marble and Desert sand from you about 8 months ago Terry inleted for the M2008 in Long Action.Im still waiting on both builds in 338LM,but from the detailed pics Ive seen.The M2008s really look good in the KMWs.Awesome stocks!

One of these days you're going to have to build me a .338 to match my .260. Very, very nice.