• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seperate Ring Repeatability

blindspotter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2018
I'm thinking about swapping my 1.18" Spuhr mount for a set of ARC M10 1.26" rings. The reason being I could use a touch more height and a bit more flexibility with eye relief. I would consider the ARC mount but the lowest height offered is too high for my setup. My question for you guys is can I swap scopes around like I typically do with the Spuhr with reasonable repeatability, or should I stick with a one piece mount for swapping scopes back and forth.

I haven’t seen any loss of zero removing my scopes with ARC M10 rings, and torquing them back to 55in pounds.

I think it would be more about what rails you have and what spec they are built to.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
I actually pulled my scope off in arc rings the other day.
Swapped a 30 moa rail out for a 45 moa rail(nuke action) put scope back on, loosened the zero stop, dialed down the 15 moa( converted to mils) and got a first round hit at 950 yards with my normal hold.

That’s some precision machining there!
Excellent rings.

I move scopes around in my Seekins rings all the time. No issues. Been doing it for years.

I just flew with my rifle to a match. Seekins rings. Took the scope off and put it in my carry on, got there, torqued it on, and checked zero. It was dead on. Same story on my return, torqued it back on and checked zero and it was still dead on. Pretty amazing.