• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sept-11th where were you

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
I was on board FFG-45 U.S.S. De-Wert mess haul number 1 seat starboard side. after that G.Q. and spent the next 16 hrs atopt the bridge manning .50 cal guarding the entrance to Mayport harbor guarding the entrance.

never forget that, 2 weeks later me and 3 others put in for transfer to special forces command. a few months later, I ended up at a Mobile Unit Command. Never look back wish i was still their, 10 years now and we are still not done and very possibly will never be.

Now if you don't mind, im going to have a drink for the many who can not. Good night and God Bless

Re: Sept-11th where were you

In bed sleeping (worked evening shift)when my wife woke me up and told me that we had been attacked.

Math class... horrible feeling. Changed my life.

Enforced my urge of joining the Mil. Glad it did. There was no question after feeling that feeling.
And the story starts.....

Island Falls, ME on a hunting trip. Just happened to walk in to a little country store and noticed EVERYONE was silently watching a tv. Walked over to see what was going on just as the second tower was being hit. What a helpless feeling watching that...

On the 16th floor of a new building in san Jose ca. It was in the flight path of the air port but stayed open for the day. I was working by myself and didn't know what had happoned till break at 10:00. Went right to the job office to make a call to my reserve unit. They told me I could not use the phone for personal use. I then told them I was in the marines and needed to call my unit. After that I didn't get any shit for the phone call.

On the Ferry into Seattle when the first plane hit, at school when the second plane hit. My school was/is directly next to the Seattle World Trade Center.

The most important part about this post is to not forget. Not only to not forget where you were when it happened...

But remember how you felt.

Support those who have and still continue to fight to ensure that we reduce their ability to do it again.

Never rest, never weaken, never stop...

Feelings off/

fort polk, training up on PSD for kosovo, flying in a black hawk when " real world.. real world.. trade towers in NY under attack"..came over our head sets. went from blank adaptors to live ammo upon landing. figured being 10th mountain we were going home.. nope..

I was in my 2nd grade class, we were reading a book. We weren't told what happened that day at school, but my parents had sat me and my brother down and told us really what happened that day.

I remember feeling a mix of sadness and anger, but I didn't really understand at the time.

Was home, getting into my car, had the radio on and heard the news.

Later that day, or the next I took this photo from my house:

911Flag_2.jpg

I was in my freshman english class just walked throught the door and caught it on the TV. My english teacher was crying saying "oh my god what has just happened"

Getting up on my first of my regular days off getting ready to go visit family. Im a cop and my father in law was the sheriff of our hometown. I turned on the tv just in time for the news and watched as the second plane hit the tower live. Went from stunned to pissed in seconds. Spent the rest of the day with family, I dont think the channel was changed for days. I know this, George W. Bush was right. Our resolve never faultered, it may have taken almost ten years but Osama Bin Laden finally got his. Thanks to all who have and still serve, my brothers and sisters in Law Enforcement, Firefighters, EMS and other emergency services. God Bless You All!!!

I was a consultant living in Denver and working in Dallas. I heard the news while driving into work. The entire day was spent watching big screen tv's in the conference room of our office. It was completely sureal. I remember going to dinner that night and no one being in the restaurant but me and my co-workers, it was like the whole world shut down for a day.

In the hospital. I was recovering from a surgery that saved My worthless hide, but ended My chances of returning to service. Glad to be here, but still regret not being able to help My Brothers out.

Ft. Benning, week 4, BRM, I was actually on the line waiting for the command to commence fire when the Drill Sergeant's radios started going crazy.

getting ready for work watching the news about the plane hitting one of the towers thinking the whole time some asshole ran his cessna into it mistakingly. then live, i saw the 2nd plane slam into the 2nd tower and told my wife i bet you its fuckin terrorists.

Philly, still on the taxpayers' dime, saw the second plane hit on live broadcast, knew it was game on with somebody after the first one had hit and that it was no damned accident, and then I went back to work. A few days later I found out that an old supervisor had been up there and was presumably among those ground into the rubble.

I was getting up that morning when my parents told me that the WTC had just been attacked.

I enlisted three years later when I was still 18.

Just pulled a night shift at work and was home, on the couch, winding down, and sharing a peaceful Virginia bright blue country September morning with my beautiful pregnant wife while she was watching Katie Couric's morning "news". A slow cup of strong Irish coffee before bed always calmed me down enough to sleep. Life, was good.....

I remember saying "small plane my fucking ass".....

I also remember saying when the second plane hit, that life as we know it will never be the same.

I remember that day like it happened just this morning.....lest we ever, EVER, forget the senseless death of the innocents, and the sacrifice of the warrior.

ground_zero_spirit.jpg

US_10th_Mountain_Division_soldiers_in_Afghanistan.jpg

I was sitting in my high school tech class when the teacher turned on the tv all of us sat there and watched wondering what was going on. They shut down school sent us home to be with our family's.

Later on joined the Army went to Ft. Benning then went overseas. Wouldn't change it if I could, to all the people that died today ten years ago and to all the family's affected by it. LETS US NEVER FORGET. A lot of people will carry on with the normal life today and not look back, to me that is a disgust to my Brothers you gave it all.

For everyone who lost their life in the last ten years ill see you again someday. You are the true Hero's Ill never forget.

Raise a glass to the my friends and everyone else today in their honor please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in my 2nd grade class, we were reading a book. We weren't told what happened that day at school, but my parents had sat me and my brother down and told us really what happened that day.

I remember feeling a mix of sadness and anger, but I didn't really understand at the time. </div></div>

Same. I was in the 5th grade. I remember all the parents standing in the hall to pick up their kids when i was being taken home. my mother said in the car " The world trade centers are gone." I said "They can't be gone." and then when we got home we watched it on TV.

I was starting surgery that morning and going through preop to speak to my patients before they got drugs and the TV was on. I too saw the second plane hit live.

I was out in the sticks doing a survey. My helper and I didn't know anything till about 6pm when we got phone service and had 15 different voicemails. Went home found my wife in tears cause my 1st Sgt had called and said make sure you have your shit together in case.

I was aboard FFG-14 off the coast of SD doing training evolutions after leaving the yards. Ended up pulling harbor security and shotgun ops for the Stennis as her airwing flew out to meet the ship.

Long day that was... ten years seems like a long time, but in the same regard it feels like yesterday.

was on afternoons and had just woke up and turned on the radio to listen to bob and tom and heard a plane had hit the tower. got up and turned on the tv just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the other tower. never really noticed air traffic where i live but the it sure seemed eerie outside without it.

I was in history class being taught the revolutionary war and how the nation will always fight against tyranny, the unjust, and the true meaning of freedom. My teacher picked up his ringing phone and we all looked at him when he was shocked to have learned what had happened. He told us with a quivering voice that there has been an incident of horrifying attacks.

At the office in Houston. I had no idea on the first one hitting. Received a call from a co-worker said she wasn't coming in....due to trade center being hit by plane.

Something didn't sound right with that. So I called over to my team in the other building to install a TV card in one of the spare PC's and get it up and running in the lab asap. By the time I got over there, I saw the other plane approaching and I knew it wasn't an accident. We watched until the towers collapsed.

My customer started to receive nutjob threats, and I got called into an exec meeting to discuss, we sent everyone home at that point due to all of the circumstances, and critical support folks worked remotely for a couple of days to ensure continuity of business.

We listened on the radio on the drive home as the rest unfolded.

11,000 feet on the side of a mountain listening to the BBC on a shortwave radio. Still haven't forgotten.

Wiring a house for a horse rancher in North Texas named Brent Loseke. Was listening to Howard Stern the whole time. Odd how I dont ever remember to much but I remember that entire day.

I was watching Good Morning America. They were showing a live shot of the Twin Towers and speculating on what happened when the second plane hit. I remember everyone on the show gasping...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was watching Good Morning America. They were showing a live shot of the Twin Towers and speculating on what happened when the second plane hit. I remember everyone on the show gasping...

</div></div>

i was in german class watching good morning america. i can't remember where i put my keys half the time, but i remember this clear as day. i know who was there and even what people were wearing.

I was at home, I remember seeing the second jet hit the tower, and I remember watching them fall, the next day is the day that the realities hit me, I will never forget walking though the security gate at Dallas Love Field and seeing every gate with a plane on it and the place was silent, Airports are not a place where one can sit in silence.

I was in bed asleep. I worked 3rd shift. My sergeant called and woke me up saying that we had been attacked and I needed to get up and come to work. Spent the rest of the day at the local airport. Not that anyone was gonna attack a little airport in London, KY but no one knew what else would happen or exactly what to do. What a horrific day......I WILL NEVER FORGET!

I took my wife to work came home to get ready to go to work my self and we had my mother in law over to watch the kiddy. I walked in the door and seen the tv, I thought it was a movie then my "mom" said we were just attacked and not a minute after she said that the second plane had struck. I never felt so sick to my stomach in my life.

Driving down a desolate stretch of I-80 in Utah when I first heard the news. I had just left base at Twentynine Palms, CA and was headed home to NY for some leave when I first heard the news on the radio.

Never felt so helpless.

I was on exercise (I'm Air Force), I was having lunch since in Spain was 13.45... It struck me completely and I couldn't keep on eating. Since I had been for some time living in the USA it hurts me more even...Seeing it again 10 years after is still horrible... I take advantage to add my simpathy for the US in this terrible day. And to the victims and people serving in all branches, You'll never be forgotten. DESOLA.-

I had just walked into the company and the CQ informed me. Busy, busy boy after that.

In bed. I took several days off work, as a friend of mine had been killed just a couple days earlier, so I was already in shock and numb when it happened. A friend called me and woke me up yelling at me to turn on the news. I saw the second plane hit on TV. Crazy memory...

I also remember calling a friend of mine who is Indian, and telling him to watch his back and not leave the house without his gun, as I had a feeling the attacks would bring to the surface a lot of underlying racism in this country, and it wouldn't matter if you were actually islamic or not, just having darker skin would be enough, and unfortunately I was right, as I'm sure we all remember the rash of attacks by racists on brown skinned people in America immediately following the terrorist attacks...

I was 14 and living in Costa Rica with my mother at the time. I sleep with the radio on and woke up to the only English speaking station talking about the first plane hitting and thought it was a joke, like a "War of the Worlds" kinda thing, and the more I listened I started to realize it was real and I just got sick when the host screamed "Oh my god, another pane just hit the other tower!" I ran out into the living room and my mom was crying and listing to the radio too. Hell of a day. Even in the little coastal town in Costa Rica the place shut down and everyone was scared and worried what would happen next.

I was standing in the mess hall, trying to not choke the living shit out of a female Soldier who was laughing at what was on the TV. I refrained, but verbally was tearing her a new asshole when her E6 supervisor came over to see what was going on with the extremely Marine Corps styled scunion that was being laid upon his Soldier. I paused, let him know, adn quitely told him to get that piece of shit out of my sight before I choiked the living daylights out of her.
I knew this was no accident. I knew it was a terrorrist attack. It was a gut feeling. I turned, walked away, went to my computer and filled out two forms. A DA 31, and a 4187. I was taking leave of 30 days, and I was going to NYC to help out. That was of course belayed by the BNSMG as we were in full tilt training mode for the impending deployment in support of Anaconda(not yet named, but used here in context for future named battles or support from K2 or Bagram). K2 was and will always be a shithole. Bagram, well it just might be one of those new versions of a Korean hardship tour soon.

Just ember how it made you feel because the people who run this country have forgot or have been paid to over look what happen and why we wanted to find him and 9years 8 months we did but is it over can we bring the towers back, yes can we bring the people who where in them back, no can we bring our friends back that we served with, no when is enough enough? pull out or drive it home we as a country have loss too many for the return we have gotten, i sat in a drunken stupper last night remembering the faces of my friends i will never see again, the 3 others of my friends that left the ship with me, i cant call them. their not here any more. as you can tell im still trying to recover, but im sorry for rambling on,

10 years ago we had our worst hour ever, no one ever bought it to our front yard, and it wasn't a little, they back a dump truck in to our front yard and unloaded in front of all our nabors. i wont forget i know you will not ether!!

I Stand and SALUTE all of you, and you know who you are. The good honest, the brave, the honorable, the proud, the Americans!
Thats right Americans, forget political forget the bowl of crap their is forget it all. I SALUTE you. you are my brother, my friend.

Very Respectfully
Daniel Macleod
U.S. Navy MA1 (Medically Retied)
Cowboy1978

Same place I was this morning, at work in the alarm room at the fire station.

Me too! Home!

Except I had just dropped my girls off at school and came back home to throw my lunch together before heading over to St. Pete to work on the General Dynamics project I was on.

After the attacks, I blew off the day's work and went back to pick up the girls at school. And here we stayed that day and this...

The anger and loss remains whole and unsatisfied.

Shephard Air Force Base for my Aircraft Fundimentals class. We were on break and someone said a plane hit the WTC in NY and I thought it was very piss poor attempt at humor. Then we got back into the classroom a few minutes later and the TV was on.

Getting ready to put it to the current girlfriend again when she said

"Wait, whats that on the tv?"

just as the second plane hit. I remember my words..."Life as we've known it has changed forever".

Went out riding around playing "Careful With That Axe, Eugene", by Pink Floyd, really loud and over and over. really loud.

In NYC. It was swearing in day for the bar, but that didn't happen.