• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Setting up a Remington 700

Logansar

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
Fort Worth Tx
I am finally going to take a long range course and setting up my 700 (308) correctly.

I had an off brand scope (that I will say it was great out to 600 and remained on target always).

I received my Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50 (TMR ) today and want quality rings under it... I have a 20MOA rail under it.

I know this might be a "Chevy verse Ford" question but what are my options ??

I was thinking Badger?

Thanks

Sarge

ive had quiet a few sets of badgers and they are great, can't speak for others as i stick to badger.

Badger and Seekins were two at the top of my list ... How much luck have y'all had in detaching and returning to zero when they are reattached? Thinking when I travel to carry on my optics.

Can't go wrong with Badger, ever.
Seekins will save you money and a little weight, and are also top shelf. Nightforce lightweight will only save you weight, but are great. Many others to choose from, don't forget about TPS, I've never used them, but have only heard great things about their quality. Sounds like you're on the right track for rings, but what about you're base? Quality rings are great but don't mean shit if you have a out of spec/ cheap or torqued base. I would also highly recommend Ken Farrell rings and base. Nice scope BTW.