• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Setting up AR15 for a suppressor?

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx
A few months ago I bought a Silencerco Saker with the trifecta mount from Silencer Shop. Great guys by the way! This is the first suppressor that I have ever bought and I will be putting it on my Smith&Wesson M&P 15TS. The Smith has a 14.5" barrel with a pinned muzzle device so I bought a new barrel ,adjustable low pro gas block and a mid length gas tube. Is their anything else I should do to get my rifle ready for a suppressor?

You are ready to go. Just make sure you pull the bcg out and look down the barrel from the breach end to ensure that the can is aligned.

You are ready to go. Just make sure you pull the bcg out and look down the barrel from the breach end to ensure that the can is aligned.

this is a crucial and often over-looked step that takes literally 30 seconds to do. if you see a perfect circle of light and can only see the barrel, you are fine. if you see a football shape of light while centered down the bore, you have an alignment problem.

another question.... who made the barrel you are using and how did you mount the trifeca flash hider? should be with shims or peel washer, not a crush washer.

Or just have the new suppressor mount pinned to your existing barrel, possibly add a H3 buffer and go shoot. :) After checking your bore for alinement, as described, or course.

Congrats on the can, I go shooting at Lonestar all the time if you want to tag along. Im in Kyle as well.

Cool, glad that I am on the right track. I would not have thought to check the alignment thanks. The barrel is a 16" white oak match 1/7 twist. Why no crush washer? I have not put everything together yet so the muzzle device is not mounted yet. What does a H3 buffer do?

What does a H3 buffer do?

Your can is going to create more back pressure, in turn your BCG needs a heavier a buffer (hence the reason why chainring stated a H3 and he's correct) to slow things down. Otherwise, timing issues and premature damage will occur.

Your can is going to create more back pressure, in turn your BCG needs a heavier a buffer (hence the reason why chainring stated a H3 and he's correct) to slow things down. Otherwise, timing issues and premature damage will occur.

He's got an adjustable gas block, why mess with another buffer? I shoot my 300blk and 223 with standard buffers suppressed all the time with no problem.

You want to thread the mount on without a crush washer so the mount seats directly on the shoulder of the barrel threads. This keeps everything in alignment perfect since you've got a quality barrel. A dab of rockset or red loctite would be a good idea.

You are set. Just make sure you know where your POI is with/without the can. It will change. Mine is U 3" R 3" with the can on when zeroed at 100.

He's got an adjustable gas block, why mess with another buffer? I shoot my 300blk and 223 with standard buffers suppressed all the time with no problem.

You want to thread the mount on without a crush washer so the mount seats directly on the shoulder of the barrel threads. This keeps everything in alignment perfect since you've got a quality barrel. A dab of rockset or red loctite would be a good idea.

I should've said "A can" rather then "your can".... I was more or less just explaining the function of a h2/h3 buffer.... however with an adjustable gas block the end user can tailor the system to his/her needs.