• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Setting Up Auto Trickler V3 ?

Josh1978

1 Mile
Minuteman
May 19, 2020
KS
I am setting up my AutoTrickler V3. (I purchased the complete kit from CE Products) As I am reading through the instructions, I came across something that I don’t understand. Steps 2, 3 and 4 in the instructions seem to already be completed on my scale. Is there a different serial cable that needs connected besides the one from the factory? I am not seeing the need for steps 2-4. Below are pictures of the instruction Manuel and of the back of my scale as it was removed from the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 7F5A3BCE-A6E5-467A-9361-5133969D332B.jpeg
    7F5A3BCE-A6E5-467A-9361-5133969D332B.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 2EF539A9-3A79-4EB1-8FEB-19E85AA2FEA7.jpeg
    2EF539A9-3A79-4EB1-8FEB-19E85AA2FEA7.jpeg
    507 KB · Views: 48
Mine came the same way from CE. Skip those steps and move to the next, that work was already completed. I didn't have to do any of that and mine works as it should.

I believe those instructions are listed if you buy the scale separate from the AutoTrickler.

Ok sounds good. Did you have to go through the 5 or 6 steps of programming or was that part already completed as well?

I went thru those steps just in case something went wrong with the system and I needed to do a reprogramming. As Sremmel has stated, all of the programmed steps had been taken care of, but it was still nice to see how it was done.
So far as steps 5 and 6, the cables are interchangeable with either port as I recall.
Just make sure you have the bluetooth turned on with your smartphone if you want to use the app.
You can use the unit without the app and it will work fine also. App is kind of cool to see how the thing works. W/o the app, you will have to use the keys on the scale for functionality.

Reactions: Josh1978
Thanks guys for all your help. I think I am well on my way to throwing some powder. 😁👍

I am super excited. I ordered it in February and it arrived in late April. I was like a kid waiting on Christmas. I have been so busy I haven’t even had a chance to open the box until now. 😂

Still have no idea how I lived my life before the V3. A word of caution though... make sure you fully cancel the charge when you are done throwing before zeroing the scale... or you’ll have one helluva mess.