• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SF Ryder 22a ???

xtacleone

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2014
Any Surefire Ryder 22a owners on this forum ? I am buying my first can next week and the Ryder 22a is at the top of the list. Can any Ryder 22a owners give me some insight on this can? There is not a lot of info out there as it is relatively new to the market. The only youtube videos that I have seen of it being fired are by retailers and not owners. As far as my needs I will be using the can on a ruger mk III and a semi auto rifle. I do not shoot 17hmr or 22mag. I am not too concerned about the cleanup I just want a super quiet shooting experience. Any other insights or recommendations are welcome. (also my first post on this forum - awesome forum !!!). thank you !!!!!!!!!

I have one in jail after shooting with one at a dealer demo. I currently own a Sparrow and am happy with it but the Ryder 22A seemed quieter to me. If you have no need for anything other than 22LR I'd say the Surefire is a winner.

There's supposed to be a Ryder 22-S coming also that is same build and size as the 22-A but with stainless baffles, and able to handle up to 5.7x28 if that appeals to you in the future. I emailed Garin Lee from SF back in Feb 2014 about the 22-S and he indicated it wouldn't be very long till they were out but 7 months have gone by without any updates from them so I assume typical Surefire timeline. Forever, plus 2 months.

Thanks RyeDaddy, I think I am going to go the 22-A. The 22-S would be awesome but I am not sure which is more tedious, the ATF approval time or Surefire's ability to release their products on time. I appreciate your feedback! If you get yours out of jail in the near future do a review - hopefully I will get mine before 2015 is over!

The SF Ryder 22-S drawings are at our CNC turning center. We expect them to start programing the machines any day and once I have parts in we will be doing the release along with releasing the specs.

You will become concerned with ability to clean. 22 gets nasty real quick. Consider waiting for the stainless version or take a look at the sparrow or spectre II.