• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SH First Look - Battleline Industries SAPR

Re: SH First Look - Battleline Industries SAPR

I think this is a horrible idea!

I'll take 2 please (Magpul versions).

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do we get on pre-order list--could not complete order at website </div></div>

BERTMAN77MK2, Mod Armory is currently taking pre-orders on the S.A.P.R. I apologize for the Battleline Industries website, it is currently under construction and we are experiencing IT issues with the web store. I want to take care of peoples needs regarding the S.A.P.R. so our dealer is taking pre-orders and we will ship mid January.

See link below.

http://www.modarmory.com/index.php?main_...7f6ij00s6gq72i3

Thank you all for the understanding, we should have all issues fixed by the first week of january.

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries.

thank you Josh---looking forward to using your product--I have lots of AR15 stuff but SOPMODS are my #1 buttstock hands down, thus your new idea will be greatly appreciated on SPR's where my only solution was an A2 stock---thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank you Josh---looking forward to using your product--I have lots of AR15 stuff but SOPMODS are my #1 buttstock hands down, thus your new idea will be greatly appreciated on SPR's where my only solution was an A2 stock---thank you! </div></div>

No problem, thank you for the business.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solid_Squirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Colorado Glock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the B5 stocks just the same as the LMT SOPMOD stocks or are the like a airsoft one?

Does anyone know anything about them or have any information on how they work.
</div></div>

From my research, it looks to be the exact same thing, save for the very first run of stocks, which were not sold retail, and had the wrong specs given for production. It is possible that you could get one through a private-party sale, but they shouldn't be on the retail market at all (the defective early ones; they fit too tightly). B5 actually makes them for the US military now, under contract. The lower price appears to be due purely to the vast number being produced.

Supposedly, the military gets them for about $13! </div></div>

This stock is fantastic! I just received a sample of the B5 and it is the exact same stock as the LMT complete with the QD socket for sling mounts. I will be selling this stock on my website along with the S.A.P.R. for somewhere around $120. you can purchase the stock here right now (see link below)

http://www.rptactical.com/product-detail/b5-enhanced-sopmod-buttstock-in-stock-now/791

Thanks guys!
Josh

I have mine on order!!! I am very excited and cannot wait for it to come in. They said it should be in by the end of the month so, I am very very happy. I will post some pictures when it comes in.

Anybody at SHOT see if Magpul are doing anything similar for the UBR?

Or....if BI are there, check if they're giving a timescale for the promised Magpul versions

All info gratefully received!!

I should have mine in my hand this week. I will let you know when it comes in and how it works. I will try to post some pictures too.

great ... I run sopmods on all my carbines ... there goes another $200 per rifle .... damn this site ...

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">All right Ladies & Gents, the SOPMOD version of the S.A.P.R. is ready for sale and shipping. If you are interested you can purchase at:

www.battlelineindustries.com
OR
www.modarmory.com

<span style="color: #FF0000">$199.95 + shipping</span>

Thank you for the business!

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries</span></span>

The Battleline website is up and running and taking orders, as well Josh is hard at working assembling the SAPR for delivery...

So those interested now is a good time !

I just got my Battleline SAPR this weekend. I love it, it is more than I thought it would be. I have always hated to tilt my head down to look into my sights while walking. Now with this set up I can finally bring the gun up to my head. I have never liked any of the cheek risers on the market and I have tried most of them. This was a great idea for a workable riser. As far as the shoulder stock that moves I have never thought of that before I just made due with whatever manufacturer has ever made. Every stock on the market is great for prone but not good for shooting on the move. They just do not sit right and move around too much when you are moving. This solved a problem that I never thought about. I have only shot the SAPR once and it made a huge difference in not only my accuracy but how fast I could transition between targets when on the move. I went out shooting with my 10.5” LMT MRP in 5.56. Later on this week I will use the MRP with the 5.56 and my 300 Blackout and end with the suppressed 9mm MRP barrel. Just to make sure it was not me I changed out to a regular SOPMOD stock and back to the SAPR SOPMOD. I thought that the added weight would offset the balance of the gun but it did not. The fact is I enjoyed the balance with the SAPR on. When I went back to the SOPMOD stock it felt way to heavy on the front end with my 10.5” barrel. The cheek piece flips to the side with an easy lift and push. Due to the fact that I use the very high Eotech EXPS-3 I have never found a good cheek fit and if I did then the BUIS were useless. With a bit of practice at home I was able to transition to the BUIS with ease. After figuring out how to flip it to the side to transition between the two as fast as I could, a realization dawned on me. My sights are folding front and rear sights. It takes longer and more work to flip them up then to flip the SAPR rest to the side. I did not use my scope with weekend shooting but I practiced like it was there. When I use my scope I run a Burris fastfire on a DD 1 o’clock riser. Again the transition from scope to red-dot was very fast and easy once I figured out my best way to flip it on the move. I was hoping it would not make that big of a difference but it did and I feel it is money well worth spending. As far as a tactical application I know this makes a difference. When I start to shoot 3-gun this summer then I know it will pay off in wins.

SAPR4.jpg

It took a bit to get it set just where I need it to be but once I found just the right setting, it fits like a custom made stock. Getting the height of the cheek rest set was easy. I just turned on my Eotech EXPS-3 and looked into my Aimpoint 3X. I kept moving the cheek rest up until I found my eye looking dead center down the sight. The back piece and shoulder rest were a bit trickier. I know we still call it a shoulder rest but for my carbine it is a clavicle rest. I have never been able to set both the height and the cant of my rest. I moved it up and down to find the best location on my shoulder. Once I found that then I worked with the cant. Due to the fact I have never had this opportunity it took a bit of work. I went left then right and finally a bit of cant to the right on the bottom did the trick. I had to move it up just a bit after I figured out the cant. I worked a bit with it at home and made a few more changes. It was well worth the time taken to set it up just right. Due to the added length I did not have to have as much LOP as I have before, I only took the stock out to the first slot. I am a smaller guy and I have always had my stocks closer than other guys. This sits just right for me.

SAPR1.jpg

SAPR8.jpg

I could not be happier then I am now with any stock. If you can pick one up and give it a try, you will love it. I am sure that I will see these on lots of 3-gun shooters and tactical guys too.

SAPR10.jpg

SAPR11.jpg

SAPR5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
383317_297376350302936_178615758845663_917356_695325150_n.jpg
</div></div>

Nice dustcover (fucking retarded dustcover)

I received my SAPR yesterday, and mounted it to my LMT MWSE SOPMOD stock.

I figured I should alert Hide members to one glitch in the installation instructions.

Step 5 instructs you to slide the Part 3 subassembly (which includes the cheek piece and vertical spacer) onto the base spacer mount, handtighten the long left-to-right cross bolt, position the cheek piece at the height you want, and then tighten the cross bolt to secure the cheek peice at that height. That does not work as written.

If you tighten the corss bolt a sensible amount (i.e. not try to strip it!), it will not actually secure the cheekpiece. The cheekpiece with its vertical spacer will still rather FREELY slide up or down and even off!

I emailed Josh at BatteLine, and he provided the remedy:

That cross botl actually threads into a helicoil insert, so you CAN tighten it pretty aggressively, and you NEED to. That does indeed secure the cheekpiece at whatever height you had set it for. It took Josh merely minutes to reply to my late-in-the-afternoon email, too, so the support level is GREAT.

One other thought: If you set up your rifle to use the cheek piece in ONE position, and to use the factory SOPMOD cheek piece in a different shooting position, when shooting using the SOPMOD cheek piece, it looks pretty feasible to simply have the SAPR cheek piece flipped to the right. That shouldn't interfere with your hold, and enables you to run the 2 different cheek pieces for 2 different positions, plus it makes it unnecessary to flip aside the SAPR cheek piece when retracting the bolt.

Jim G

I went to the range again today with my SAPR. I love this, it works so well. I am glad you guys made this, it was worth every penny spent on it. I am so much of a better shooter with it. Thanks agian for the SAPR it is so great!

So the Magpul version was to work with a Magpul stock or to be made out of polymer in similar colors as the Magpul stock?

Also does this work with any other stocks besides the SOPMOD stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the Magpul version was to work with a Magpul stock or to be made out of polymer in similar colors as the Magpul stock?

Also does this work with any other stocks besides the SOPMOD stock?</div></div>

Are you meaning that the BI Magpul compatible version will be made out of polymer? I don't see that on Josh's website...and hard to see whay he'd change from the original SAPR robust materials from stock to stock....

And I don't see any signs of anything from Magpul yet other than the Shotgun version on their website.

Josh has told me that the UBR compatible version should prototype around March/April with a production version later in the year.

There is a list of planned versions on the BI website.

Well worth a visit if you need info....

I'm going to be holding out on BI's Magpul variant.

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the Magpul version was to work with a Magpul stock or to be made out of polymer in similar colors as the Magpul stock?

Also does this work with any other stocks besides the SOPMOD stock? </div></div>

Hello Gents (and ladies), currently our S.A.P.R. (<span style="font-weight: bold">S</span>tock <span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>ttachment <span style="font-weight: bold">P</span>recision <span style="font-weight: bold">R</span>ifle) is designed to work with the B5 Systems and LMT SOPMOD butt stock. We are currently working on the design for the prototype Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. and like Basra Boy said hopefully be testing a working prototype by March/April time frame. In regards to the materials for the Magpul version, we can't really disclose to much info, but we want it to be robust and strong enough to take a substantial beating.

If you guys are looking for a great stock at a reasonable price, the B5 Systems SOPMOD is perfect. It retails for about $95 and is the current military contract SOPMOD, it's the real deal and there is no difference between the LMT and B5 variants. Below is a link where you can purchase the B5 SOPMOD.

http://www.rogtac.com/stocks-slings/stocks-and-parts/b5-systems-enhanced-sopmod-buttstock-black.html

We are shipping SAPR's for the B5 & LMT SOPMODS. You can order at www.battlelineindustries.com or from our dealer, www.modarmory.com

Thanks for the interest, stay tuned.</span>

Thanks for the update! Is the plan for it to fit the MOE/CTR stocks? and sorry for the stupid questions but does it matter if it is a mil-spec or comm-spec MOE/CTR stock? I don't think it does but I currently have a comm-spec that came with my rifle and wanted to check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update! Is the plan for it to fit the MOE/CTR stocks? and sorry for the stupid questions but does it matter if it is a mil-spec or comm-spec MOE/CTR stock? I don't think it does but I currently have a comm-spec that came with my rifle and wanted to check. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Our goal for the Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. is to attach to any model of their collapsible stocks, which includes MOE CTR ACS UBR STR & ACS-L. It will not matter if they are Mil-Spec or commercial variants.

Thanks for the questions and interest kaptain86.</span>

That is great news, I look forward to the release sometime this year, I will plan on picking one up for the Magpul version.

Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shipping orders for the S.A.P.R. come see us at.

www.battlelineindustries.com </div></div>

Any update on ETA for magpul stocks?

I'm waiting till then to get it
smile.gif

Forget the Magpul you will never touch the stock again. You will only use the SAPR part over the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Colorado Glock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget the Magpul you will never touch the stock again. You will only use the SAPR part over the stock. </div></div>
I don't have the sopmod so its cheaper to get the magpul+sapr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We are currently working on the design for the prototype Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. In regards to the materials for the Magpul version, we can't really disclose to much info, but we want it to be robust and strong enough to take a substantial beating.

</div></div>

Really hope you can keep the materials the same as the SOPMOD version!

I'm hoping this is coming along swimmingly, I'm eager to get one for the magpul stocks.

Just a suggestion...but I'd recommend making some sort of rubber or plastic sleeve for the cheek piece. Just that if you've ever put your face against a piece of aluminum in 15 degree weather...well...you'll only do it once.

--Wintermute

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe it is coated with a nylon type coating, so it is not straight up aluminum. </div></div>

Ahh, gottit...missed that line in the OP.

Thanks.

--Wintermute

Hmmmmmmmmm gotta couple SOPMODS that are going to get a upgrade.

Any more reviews for this? Still eyeballing one. Didn't sell the SOPMOD just because of this invention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We are currently working on the design for the prototype Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. In regards to the materials for the Magpul version, we can't really disclose to much info, but we want it to be robust and strong enough to take a substantial beating.

</div></div>

Really hope you can keep the materials the same as the SOPMOD version! </div></div>

Hey BasraBoy, we intend to keep the materials the same on the Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. What would be the sense of not having something strong enough to butt stroke or crush someone's skull in..... just say'n.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wintermute</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe it is coated with a nylon type coating, so it is not straight up aluminum. </div></div>

Ahh, gottit...missed that line in the OP.

Thanks.

--Wintermute </div></div>

Hey Wintermute, yeah, just like Lowlight said we did a nice nylon type coating on the cheek piece so your face won't freeze to it. we actually had some pretty cold weather here last month in Colorado and I had a SAPR installed on my LMT and it was literally a 10 degree difference between the aluminum and the coated cheek piece. It was still cold but not uncomfortable.

Thanks for the question,
Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We are currently working on the design for the prototype Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. In regards to the materials for the Magpul version, we can't really disclose to much info, but we want it to be robust and strong enough to take a substantial beating.

</div></div>

Really hope you can keep the materials the same as the SOPMOD version! </div></div>

Hey BasraBoy, we intend to keep the materials the same on the Magpul version of the S.A.P.R. What would be the sense of not having something strong enough to butt stroke or crush someone's skull in..... just say'n.
wink.gif
</div></div>

LOL! Thanks Josh, good to know!

Not something I'd envisage an immediate need for myself, but some of the other guys just might!!

And thanks for the new vids.....good stuff!!

Eagerly awaiting the magpul version, what a great invention!

Anywhere you can buy the B5 or LMT stock with the SAPR already installed?

Very cool! Might have to rethink that UBR, this is pretty awesome.