• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SH on ipod at the ER room

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
at the er, daughter is having some heart palpitations.
I took her iPod, this is friggin cool!
Heart will be ok, she had open heart surgery @ age 2.

Typed on an iPod touch, I gotta get ME one of these..

Re: Sh on ipod at er room

Hope it all goes well with your daughter.

Love my iPod for the travels and use mine all the time at work for emails too. They are cool.

ArcticLight, so "no news is good news", right? Haven't heard anything in a while, so everything is cool, correct?

Hope all is well with your daughter!! Prayers going out to you and your family.

As for the iPod Touch/iPhones/etc., I couldn't agree with you more!! Love mine and besides being excellent for killing mass quantities of down time, they are VERY nice for the field/range too!!
wink.gif

Yeah daughter is OK, we were there till almost 2AM, she has a condition that some older folks get, or people with various conditions.

PVCS

Premature Ventricular Contraction Syndrome - heart is closing too soon occasionally.

I came home from work at 11PM tired and so ready to just crawl in bed and she's waiting at the door saying "Dad, I think I'm having a heart attack".

HOLY CRAP....Googled my favorite hospital because I didn't want to go packing into Bremerton (and I would have), so Silverdale was open for emergency and off we went.

EKG was normal and the monitor shows the PVCS's every 15 minutes or so.

The breathing is anxiety from thinking she's having a heart attack.

SCARY PART: I have my daughter all of July, this has been going on all month and she just told me about it. Now she knows - better safe than sorry....I doubt her mom would have done much for her so I'm glad she was with me when it happened.

Daughter had open heart surgery when she was 2, and the middle valve has issues - they knew that and said it would not be an issue until she hits 60...but by then they hope they are not peeling peoples ribcages back...

This is my daughter 12 years ago, 2 days after open heart surgery....I have a huge emotional investment in her you see...

hosp.jpg

I hope she stays ok. I have an 11 year old I would do anything to protect.

Ya, PVCs Are not a big deal, irregular heartbeat because the valve prematurely closes. No pain, just feels funny.

She was just afraid of having a heart attack.

Now the doc has assured her most everyone experiences this.

She's good
smile.gif

Thanks guys,

Glad she's okay. I never would have spent the money, but my favorite wife got me an iPad for Father's Day. Prior to that, I'd check & post on my iPhone whenever I had time. She got tired of me staring at the small screen, I guess. Treat yourself to an iPad, you'll enjoy it.