• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SH @ The Precision Rifle Expo

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    This coming weekend is the Precision Rifle Expo down in Texas, Sniper's Hide will be attending and hosting a clinic.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 9.05.19 AM.png

I really like the Expo, sure the weather has sucked the last few years, but hopefully this time they nailed it. But it's a perfect place for the precision rifle shooter. Great companies displaying, live fire, hands on with products. Open to everyone, it's everything Shot Show isn't.

Right now we are working a new class style for 2024, so I will be trying out some new devices for the Clinic. After 10 years on my own with Marc and the years prior with Rifles Only I think I have this marksmanship thing sorted out better so I want to try it.

Gravity Ballistics Intro too

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 9.03.40 AM.png

Hope to see you all there

It’s supposed to be mid 60s to low 90s and partly cloudy both days. Way better than the 40 and raining last year!
    And dang it if you aren't so much closer. My wife was raised in Brenham and we would visit her parents. We would pass through Navasota. 45 south from the Dallas area and then take 190 in Madisonville around to 90 and then it comes 105 in Navasota and on we would go. Their house was near 105 and N Blue Bell Road. In fact, you could see the Blue Bell Creamery where they make the stick ice cream. Her cousin still works there.

I won't be able to make it there but it sounds great.

Frank ,
    My brother and I met you last year , plan on attending this year , good time for sure ,

Reactions: Lowlight
    The Expo is the greatest bargain available in precision shooting. This will be my third time attending. The info you pick up and the personal contacts you make are priceless. This years weather forecast looks great.

This was the pre scout postal match target.
    Shoot this target and you will find out real guick if you can shoot or not. If your fundamentals are not right your $200 rifle is as good as your $10000 rifle

Attachments

• 20231019_190626.jpg
      20231019_190626.jpg
      266.2 KB · Views: 152
    I still have that target in my files and print some out now and then for a good tough challenge.

Yep Tucker was the score keeper that was back in 2012 I think. Never got my moral patch either, but it was fun and a challenge.

Another great presentation on the fundamentals and then when Kestrel and Praslick didn't show Frank did those classes also. Not sure the Kestrel folks would have approved his presentation but everyone there sure did.

He even talked about us .22 guys!

Already looking for next year's dates.

Hey all,

Yes, I had a heck of a good time at the Expo, interacting with everyone. I did take over the other classes the first day, people were waiting, and I offered to step up. I do believe Kestrel took over on Sunday after my Saturday event as I went through "my" method to input data, but was able to answer all questions feeling the instruction was clear. I also said, I did not follow the kestrel model 100%.

Here are some images
    IMG_0040.jpeg

the TBAC suppressor was awesome, 18" Barrel, super shootable

IMG_4395.jpeg

I did say I turned off WS1, but I was very clear as to why...

IMG_4384.jpeg

Some gravity ballistics, I have new sheets and fundamental eval stuff that arrived Monday. Unfortunately, they did arrive in time for the event but these are great new sheets

IMG_0055.jpeg

I am revamping my class for 2024 so I have a bunch of new stuff ready to drop

IMG_4405.jpeg

Great meeting everyone, Ray, Brian Sain, here ...

Dang it, I completely missed this! I did a two gun, run and gun out in Navasota TX. I wish I would have seen this, I would have came out for it!

Are you doing the same location next year?

My understanding from a conversation with the organizers, yes. Same location next year. Date? Who knows. A lot to coordinate. Just have to watch the Precision Rifle Expo website and Facebook page for the announcement.
    All subject to change after they analyze the attendance records and gauge vendor satisfaction. I am assuming they are gonna clean up and take a long break before jumping into planning 2024. It was a big job, done well.

This was the pre scout postal match target.
    Shoot this target and you will find out real guick if you can shoot or not. If your fundamentals are not right your $200 rifle is as good as your $10000 rifle
    How did this work? I'd like to try it.

Hey all,

Yes, I had a heck of a good time at the Expo, interacting with everyone. I did take over the other classes the first day, people were waiting, and I offered to step up. I do believe Kestrel took over on Sunday after my Saturday event as I went through "my" method to input data, but was able to answer all questions feeling the instruction was clear. I also said, I did not follow the kestrel model 100%.

Hey Frank, Im the old/big guy with the white hair/camo shirt that was asking you about Sunday's presintation times at the expo. it was great meeting you and listening to your seminar.
    Your presentation was extremly easy to understand and very well spoken. I learned so much even after missing half of it on Saturday so I was hoping to watch it Sunday completly, but a train crossing in some little town on the way held me up for over 30 minutes! By the time I arrived you were finished.

I was hoping someone got that recorded for you. If so, I'd like to know how I can get a copy and more info on your courses?

Thanks
    TG

Honestly, you probably got the majority of the discussion.

I was not following a script, so I was going on autopilot. Moving forward, my class schedule will be in the Training section here, as well as the online stuff we are restarting as they build new sections for me.

I was talking Gravity Ballistics, so any weaponized math video is going to be close details-wise; just the framing of the conversation has changed a bit.

You can find the fundamentals here. I repeat that stuff often.

Reactions: Modoc and Ronws
    Is it a pdf that you could share?
    Okay found it/them. There were originally two different versions, a standard S&H 100 Yard Challenge and a dark version of the same. Apparently per someone’s request. Let’s see if I can attach them as .pdfs.

Let me know if these work.

Attachments

• SH100ydChallengeDk.pdf
      19.1 KB · Views: 63
    • SH100ydChallengev3.pdf
      19.1 KB · Views: 40
    Crazy thing is I am already following the facebook page but didn't see the post on my feed. I'll have to be more diligent!

I attended the last two expos. The weather was better this time than last time. I sat in Franks class and of course got to shoot a lot of the rifles. Also got a chance to see the new GARMIN chrono and got a view on how it worked.

As always a good chance to see Frank G.

Attachments

• 20231021_102443_resized.jpg
      20231021_102443_resized.jpg
      244.3 KB · Views: 19
    • 20231021_111207.jpg
      20231021_111207.jpg
      750 KB · Views: 23