• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Shadow Systems MR920

black max

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2012
    world wide
    I just picked up an MR920 from Shadow Systems. I put 600 rounds of 115 ball over 5 grains of CFE pistol through it today and I am in love with this pistol. I have shot G19's for over a decade and this thing is no comparison. Ergonomics are far better and it shoots so much flatter than my gen5 G19. Anybody else shooting one?
    20200509_164337.jpg

I have two MR918s and also have two MR920s on order since February. Hands down they are the best value in the custom glock arena (also have an agency and an old school Zev it's just as good). I'm starting to really get anxious on my MR920s I have about another month on the wait...

I have shot countless rounds through my 918s, my only concern on the 920 is they changed some things so they could make the optic cut so deep and alot of the upper parts are proprietary now.

Good guys, great guns.

Whats the difference between the elite and combat on the 920?

Serrations for grip and cutouts for round check? Is it really worth the $100?

Not sure how the cutout helps check for rounds.

The cutouts and recessed sides are supposed to reduce the reciprocating mass.

$100 seems to be normal for that kind of machine work.

Is it worth it? That’s up to you.

Not sure how the cutout helps check for rounds.

The cutouts and recessed sides are supposed to reduce the reciprocating mass.

$100 seems to be normal for that kind of machine work.

Is it worth it? That’s up to you.
    Yea let's just chalk that comment up to Monday even though its Sunday lol. It could be worth it to me but I've only had stock pistols. Does it make a noticeable difference?

Having both I prefer the combat to carry. There is a slight difference in recoil pulse with the cutouts both pistols shoot flatter than any other Glock or custom and that includes my agency arms. Right now I somewhat prefer the 918 over the 920 just because of the proprietary parts in the 920. The improved optic cut of the 920 I don’t really need as all I use is trijicon and the 918 covered that.

excellent pistols I still have two of the 920s in order since February, but bought one at bass pro because of instant gratitude. I feel like they probably filled every order in the world before they filled the vet/le orders which somewhat clouds the awesome discount they give.

The other difference is the combat cuts are not nearly as aggressive as the elite, I much prefer the elite for this reason. Just don’t really want openings on a carry gun.... but then that’s what my 43x with shield mags is for.

The other difference is the combat cuts are not nearly as aggressive as the elite, I much prefer the elite for this reason. Just don’t really want openings on a carry gun.... but then that’s what my 43x with shield mags is for.

After your information I think I will opt for the combat as I agree with your reasoning. This will be used for EDC. It will be interesting to note how long they offer support for their proprietary parts as you mentioned with the deeper optic mount. That does worry me somewhat.

I was also looking at the vp9sk-b but those are impossible to find as well.

I feel like they probably filled every order in the world before they filled the vet/le orders which somewhat clouds the awesome discount they give.

Shadow Systems quoted me 14 weeks when I ordered. I got a shipping notification after 14 weeks and two days. Individual results may vary.

Shadow Systems quoted me 14 weeks when I ordered. I got a shipping notification after 14 weeks and two days. Individual results may vary.

when I initially ordered I think mine was 8-9 weeks and they emailed 14weeks sometime after that, I’m pretty sure they are changing how they do mil/le and not doing expert voice in the future due to how things went down. Regardless they make a hell of a pistol and I wish they would just sell me a few frames. I would replace every glock I had with it.

Just wanted to thank Sutherland for the great info. I picked this up new for $799. I was surprised their distributor had some in stock.

Attachments

• 20200603_175956.jpg
      20200603_175956.jpg
      382.9 KB · Views: 119
    Reactions: Sutherlandsd
    I found one used locally a couple days ago. Combat model with optics cut. I’m very impressed with it so. All the features and thought that went into add up to an impressive firearm at an affordable cost.

I found one used locally a couple days ago. Combat model with optics cut. I’m very impressed with it so. All the features and thought that went into add up to an impressive firearm at an affordable cost.

Yup, I cant wait for what comes from this company next year. I am hoping they come out with a smaller version for concealed carry in the summer months. Best valued handgun on the market in my opinion.

They are honestly a great company and are really growing. I finally got my 920s in and they are fantastic just like the 918s. The 920s all definitely had a break in period they seem a little more fitted than the 918. They are all hammers though, I would love to get ahold of a 920L but I have used my allotment of 2 cheapies from them already this year, I too am excited for next year!

I now have close to 2500 rounds through my 920, phenomenal pistols. I'm hoping they come out with something full size, like a 17 or 34 clone...

I now have close to 2500 rounds through my 920, phenomenal pistols. I'm hoping they come out with something full size, like a 17 or 34 clone...

I am hoping for a both a larger version (long slide) or a 43x size.

Ordered an elite in Feb, couldn’t wait, figured out John Lovells WPS Warpoet pistol was a 920. Got it first. Changed order to a 920 combat, Hopefully a Xmas in July present. The WP is a variant of the elite, it only came with a threaded barrel, I have been carrying AIWB for months no issues. I ran 2k though it, and love it. There are a lot of mods for the cost. I likely won’t pick up another 19, unless it’s really cheap or custom. Their mods on the slide for Longer RMR screws are worth it, no 3/16 thread through an adaptor plate, and it sets the RMR low, low enough I can still lower window use the factory sights.

I've had the 920 elite since March and have been really impressed! For me, it took about 1k worth of dry fire/live fire for the trigger to go from decent to excellent. I'm anxiously waiting for the 920L to start popping up around me

Local FFL got 2 today. I immediately went over and claimed one.

For those with experience with them: why is it flatter shooting than a G19? I’ve seen multiple reports of it being flatter but I don’t see a mechanical reason why.

Local FFL got 2 today. I immediately went over and claimed one.

For those with experience with them: why is it flatter shooting than a G19? I’ve seen multiple reports of it being flatter but I don’t see a mechanical reason why.

Better trigger (especially after break in), better ergonomics for point of aim. The elite has the slide cuts which helps some people with the recoil. You can make the G19 do most of those things but you'll have to invest more into customizing it. Just my opinion.

Finally got mine in. Local dealer had some along with rose gold barrels.

Attachments

• 027249C1-6062-49AE-8714-C0D3904D6AD8.jpeg
      027249C1-6062-49AE-8714-C0D3904D6AD8.jpeg
      487.5 KB · Views: 194
    All good reasons to buy a 920. A G19 is also a terrific pistol. Most folks agree to change out the sights, get a better trigger, and may want to change the grip and trigger housing profile. Or not. I ordered the WP 920 and it's supposed to ship late Sept. I bought it instead of the Glock because I would have changed the sights and trigger immediately, plus all g19's are difficult to come by right now anyhow.

They have the long slide edition as well.....i am not sure i can justify a long slide purchase when I already have the 920.

I already have holsters for a G17; that’s all the justification I need!
    Haha, wish I could get away with that from my boss. She doesn't understand the "need" for different barrel lengths.

I wonder if they will come out with a smaller version to accommodate the ccw crowd.

Shot mine a couple times now. Did ok with medium backstrap but much better with the small and its 1911 angle. First picture is 30 rounds pulling trigger as fast as dot got back on black. Second is 5 rounds slow fire. All at 10 yards.

Attachments

• 68DE671E-42B0-43C0-904B-CEA3E686AE0A.jpeg
      68DE671E-42B0-43C0-904B-CEA3E686AE0A.jpeg
      459.6 KB · Views: 90
    • E120F2A0-FFA0-414C-8752-052C7CA4D028.jpeg
      E120F2A0-FFA0-414C-8752-052C7CA4D028.jpeg
      452.8 KB · Views: 106
    Anyone tell me what point of upper pin in grip would be? It seems to be connected to nothing. Hope it's not important as I already broke it into three parts setting the gun up. Thanks, Huntman

It holds the trigger housing in place, kinda of important "trigger housing pin", also is used for different back straps if you have them.

I think that is what you are talking about