• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shadow Tech Tripod compatibility

NOMADIC3599

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2018
Oklahoma
I’m new to the high tech tripods so forgive my ignorance. Will a shadow tech tripod and a RRS TA-3 leveling base work together or is some kind of adapter needed? From pictures they don’t look like they will work together. Thanks.

I run this setup above ?. It works great. My brother's RRS tripod is sweet. But I can't afford it. So I buy what I can and make the most of it.
20181128_074534.jpg

Any other leveling bases anyone has used with the pig 0311 they are happy with? Just bought this tripod and a feisol SBH-50 ball head. Never had anything or shot off anything else then this so far with tripods. I'm sure I'll find out what I'm missing when I get behind somthing else?

Last edited:
Following this thread....Santa bought me the same tripod and will be in the market for a ballhead soon, something that wont break the bank...

Reactions: Islas82
Following this thread....Santa bought me the same tripod and will be in the market for a ballhead soon, something that wont break the bank...

Same hear, following. total newbie when it comes to tripods.

Question; I've tentatively settled on a Hog Saddle Field tripod and Pig saddle mount. They fit my budget. What are pros/cons of a ball head vs. a leveling head? Main use of the system will be to get up out the snow and weeds and to shoot in a position other than prone all the time. Rifle to be used are a AIAT, 700 based custom in a XLR Element and a RPR with a Seekins handguard.

I went with a cheap vanguard ballhead on my pig 0311 tripod. It has worked very well so far.

Attachments

• AB6232F5-67CE-44AF-B904-56EAA3DFB96F.jpeg
    AB6232F5-67CE-44AF-B904-56EAA3DFB96F.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Seems like everyone got a PIG tripod and saddle for Christmas, myself included. Immediately after receiving it I realized that for my intended usage (coyote hunting) I am going to need pan and tilt capabilities beyond fiddling with the limited adjustments of the saddle and center column lock ring. I ended up ordering a Sunwayfoto XB-44 GNN ball head and am awaiting the arrival of a quick release plate for the Pig saddle. I’m looking forward to getting this rig out in the field as it is a big upgrade from the Primos Trigger Stick setup I was using before.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
I’m new to the high tech tripods so forgive my ignorance. Will a shadow tech tripod and a RRS TA-3 leveling base work together or is some kind of adapter needed? From pictures they don’t look like they will work together. Thanks.

You will definitely need the Universal Leveling base as the tripod you are using does not have a removable platform in the apex. Here is the listing to where you can pick it up. Sorry I wasn't able to answer earlier with holidays and all. Universal Leveling base link

I was going to run the pig 0311 Tripod with the RRS universal leveling base myself but found a leophoto 40 ballhead cheap and went that rout and have no complaints. I use it every time I shoot weather with my rifle on it in my hog saddle or with my binos munched in the hot saddle.

I ended up going with a Subway XB44, locks up tight , I’m happy with it so far

Attachments

• 8ACB2A78-B7F5-497A-98A9-5744105D3BCD.jpeg
    8ACB2A78-B7F5-497A-98A9-5744105D3BCD.jpeg
    773.8 KB · Views: 120
Pretty decent tripod that gets you in the game for a minimal investment. My only gripe was the added height and reduced stability from the center column. Been messing around with removing the column, it's pretty easy. Can do some reading here: SH Link