• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would love to see an East coast cup. Then again prize donations are getting harder and harder with all the matches to having 2 cups could reduce the table for each. I only mention this because to Franks point, the way he runs the table, pretty much everyone gets something in the current format which is great for all the shooters.

How do new shooters fair at the SHC? By new shooters, I mean someone who has never been to a competition let alone shot in a competition and has not had the opportunity to shoot farther than ~200 yards (yet)? And, by fair, I mean not necessarily standing on the "podium", but in terms of having novice skill levels compared to, what I would assume, are seasoned shooters and having a good time/fun. I would love to attend a SHC and being that it is held around May I would have time to (somewhat) prepare.

Last edited:
We have had offers to hold it in the East, RockCastle, etc, have wanted to run it.

So it has always been on the table at some point or another, the question would be time of year, where, etc.

If it's in the East, please make it during the winter. Cold, windy, dark early....Good shooting times.

East coast SHC II would be great. I will be attending the Cup next year, I cant wait!

ROAD TRIP! I'll be there too, don't care what weekend it is.

As for Memorial Day I've for a family pig roast every year I haven't missed much but nothing says Merica on Memorial Day weekend like a long range match.

I will be there again as an RO, I can find reinforcement RO's as well if it comes to that. I think the SHC comes down to one word. Loyalty, period.

Brent C.

Going to block out some time and make this one. Never shot this extensive of a course before, but hey, why the hell not... :) Sounds like lots of fun...

How do new shooters fair at the SHC? By new shooters, I mean someone who has never been to a competition let alone shot in a competition and has not had the opportunity to shoot farther than ~200 yards (yet)? And, by fair, I mean not necessarily standing on the "podium", but in terms of having novice skill levels compared to, what I would assume, are seasoned shooters and having a good time/fun. I would love to attend a SHC and being that it is held around May I would have time to (somewhat) prepare.

I'm not going to lie, at that experience level, you probably won't do well. However, you will be with a LOT of great shooters that will teach you more in 3 days than you'll learn on your own in months. SHC 2014 was my first "big" match and I was woefully under-prepared for it. My equipment was just fine, it was me. That said, I learned more in that three days than I had in the previous 6 months of practice on my own, and small local matches. You just have to look at it as the opportunity that it is. A chance to get out and shoot an awesome match, and a learning experience like few others, especially for the price of admission. (it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for an instructors time).

Please, someone direct me to where I can find more info about Tactical/Practical matches, equipment-wise. What exactly do you guys have ON you and WITH you while you are out there running and shooting? I see a lot of pouches, vests, bags, etc...

Last edited:
been discussed ad nauseum, google competition gear snipers hide or equipment for competitions snipers hide