• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shelf life of large rifle primers

Wodan

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2022
Calgary
I have 20 year old F210 Match primers, stored properly at dry conditions at room temperatures. Are they still as good as ever?

I’ve got some GM215Ms that are that old and they go bang.

I’m currently working through a 20 year old case of 215s. Zero issues.

I use primers from the 1970s that may or may not have been stored in a proper environment , they work just fine .

I have 20 year old F210 Match primers, stored properly at dry conditions at room temperatures. Are they still as good as ever?
People are still shooting milsurp ammo from the turn of the century from random comm-bloc countries…I think if stored inside your house at room temp, they’ll last indefinitely. If you’re worried about ambient moisture, start sealing them up in .50 cal ammo cans inside your house. They will certainly last forever then.

These still work fine.

Attachments

• Primer.jpeg
    Primer.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43
Found a few thousand of these,no idea of age, just need the right primer seater for the cal .30. Im guessing on 50's or earlier.
1000002935.jpg

Reactions: santee116