• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sherman MEGA data

I guess Im not sure what you were trying to accomplish...I hit pressure so I want to hit even more pressure harder? lol

once you hit pressure you stop, subtract 5% and look to work a load up around that # (for your load thats approx 4 grains less). this isnt a chase vel game...its a what does your rifle safely like game.

Ill tell you why...and I love VV powder, but I never use N5xx based powder. very temp sensitive. you shoot on a 90* day ur gonna have a damaged rifle or worse a damaged face.

GL
DT

I can't link the video, but here is a SS of said guru hawking his new 375 Yukon
Yes he's shooting that jug in front of his shop
Screenshot_20230510_180712_Facebook.jpg

You can't make this shit up....

I have a feeling what's getting Sherman in trouble is overstating velocities and people trying to chase those ideal conditions that maybe based off a overbuilt action with a 30"+ barrel or something. If you start chasing advertised velocities on 24-26" barrels and lightweight hunting actions then you're likely to run into problems. Realistically, and I'm assuming, you'll need to understanding and accept you'll likely get something between 7 SAUM and 7 PRC (or maybe matching) performance built on a medium action. That sounds good to me, I wish the 7 PRC was either engineered for a medium action or was full blown 7-300 PRC LA status.

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread getting some views 😂😂😂. N570 with Berger 190LRHT @ 3,000 FPS. Seating adjustment test. Under 5L is a 3 shot group, I didn’t have the balls to shoot another round into that group. This load has made 2nd and 3rd round hits on a 1/2 ipsc at a mile. So far I’ve only managed to blow up my hand, lost an eye, and blew up an action. Blowing every primer and using a rubber mallet to open my bolt. Only getting 30 rounds per barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_9202.png
    IMG_9202.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 70913927065__B35A9403-191D-4A6F-B196-403DBA0BA03A.jpeg
    70913927065__B35A9403-191D-4A6F-B196-403DBA0BA03A.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: BCX
Yes he's shooting that jug in front of his

Yes he's shooting that jug in front of his shop
View attachment 8138810
You can't make this shit
The first rule of Sherman Club is, you do not talk about pressure.

The second rule of Sherman Club is, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT PRESSURE.
Tag

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Kentucky ballistics, but yeah, that’s the guy.

Reactions: abn31c
No parent case. Rich from Sherman Wildcats had ADG make brass for him. Its more like a 7prc improved. I couldn't find any brass or ammo for 7PRC so I went with this. On paper it outperforms 7prc with heavier bullets and more speed. I'll post real world results next week as I'm starting load development Sunday. My goal is to push a Berger 190LRHT at 3100fps while holding peak accuracy. From left to right - SST (sherman short tactical), SS (sherman short), Max, MEGA, SM (sheman magnum, which is a 300prc improved case).
The parent case is the WSM…but a lengthened neck, AI shoulder, increase in case diameter at the shoulder

My 28 Sherman Mag with 190 LRHT at 3200 fps (28in tube) is getting incredible accuracy. The 190g after 3150+ fps is outperforming everything else I own inside of 1,500 yards with minimal recoil to deal with. Rich knocked this one out of the park.