• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing She's ready (1st PIg DOWN)

Musicman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2007
East of Lubbock, TX
This is my oldest of three girls, she loves going with me to shoot and hunt when ever she can. (I'm going to let her as long as she wants) She really wants to go pig hunting with me and I said we need to work on our shooting just to make sure she's hitting em with something harder than her 22lr....
Here she is with a 223 and then the 6.8spc(her new hog gun, or mine I can't remember)
IMG00127.jpg

IMG00128.jpg

IMG00129.jpg

and here is the 10" x 10" plate she was shooting at 100yds, not to bad for a 7yr old.
IMG_9320.jpg

Now she's ready for blood

Christmas Eve's eve.. headed down to to some dear hunting when we came up on some piggies... she chose the pigs.....
120-130yd shot, I thought was a little low but after we dressed it, blew through the heart and mangled it.. 6.8spc 110gr sierra pro hunter (SSA factory load, waiting for dies)
One HAPPY GIRL!!!!!!!!!

062.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

Re: She's ready

thanks Chris, its hard to see with all here hair blowing around but she has some Impact Sports earmuffs on. She gets those so she can hear my commands easier.

Thats pretty cool! My daughter is 7 and is always bugging me to go shooting. It sure is a blast when you take the little ones along!

Very cool!! Good on ya! Keep taking her! It's amazing how fast they learn!

Joe, I am one very happy and blessed father to have 3 cuties + their mom.
This is "Lizzy" her first time out shooting the first gun I ever shot, my dad's(which was his dad's) J.C Higgins 22 single shot.
She said, "Dad, this was the bestest day ever!" I'll remember that forever
IMG_7293.jpg

This is her finishing up a mag from the MkIII.... I was surprised how well she shot it, its kinda heavy,
IMG_7301.jpg

Wild! What a Christmas for Jr. Love the pic of her and the pig, she's all smiles! I have a couple years to go before I can get my younger daughter out there.

Re: She's ready (1st PIg DOWN)

Good job Dad! you should be very proud. Enjoy them while they are young...they grow up so fast.

musicman, that is very cool teaching her to shoot/hunt.
You can be proud.
Relentless (Tech ex)

Awesome, I like seeing pics of dads with girls taking them shooting/hunting. I took my oldest (3 years old), hunting this year and she loved it. I couldn't figure out if she like sitting in the stand so much as eating candy and watching Tom & Jerry on my iPhone!

Keep up the good work.

That is just AWESOME!!! Good for you, and great for her! I applaud you, Dad!

Thanks for all the comments.... she was excited about going and getting her pig.... We tried on some deer last week but just couldn't get set up quick enough... She said "Dad can you shoot an elephant" I said yes some people do, then she said "I want to shoot one." hahahha Go Big or Go Home...lol

and she wasn't none to happy when I went hunting last night without her (homework, hahaha)

Congrats to you and your little hunter. There is nothing better than seeing your kids do good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One HAPPY GIRL!!!!!!!!!
</div></div>
I Love the smile on your daughters face! Can't whait 'til my little girl is old enough to go hunting! Congrats musicman!

while I'm deployed my wife got our 8yo daughter 22lr I just hope she enjoys it as much as I do, she definetly a daddy's girl bout two weeks and I'll be home

while I'm deployed my wife got our 8yo daughter 22lr I just hope she enjoys it as much as I do, she definetly a daddy's girl bout two weeks and I'll be home

Hope she stays with it. My oldest daughter was on fire for guns at that age but when she got to 16 her shooting desire pretty much went away.

Outfreakinstandin!! That is just awesome!! Keep up the good work, and keep them interested enough to pass it along!!

DK

Triplets, wow hope u guys have fun...
I have 2 younger girls (yeah I know 3 girls) that are chomping at the bit to go but mom said not yet.....
They do help reload and love it (even though it takes 2x as long its time with my girls)
My oldest gets mad if I go without her so I try and take her every time she wants to go
Went out last night, but nothing was out and about...but still fun

musicman, you're a lucky dude to be raising 3 shooters up there. I went to Tech & raised two boys. One graduated from Tech as well. Nothing beats hunting/shooting with them.
relentless