• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shiny brass..

Re: Shiny brass..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nu Finish is cheaper and works great</div></div>

+1

I use walnut media treated with Nu Finish. It cleans brass amazingly fast and with the media treated, there is virtually no dust created. When the media starts to create dust again it's time to add more. A little dab will do ya, maybe 3/4ths of a cap full. And it holds up for 52 washes... I assume.

Not sure if this will show it well but these are right in front of me so:

IMG_1075.jpg

Walnut media from harbor freight and nu_finish in my thumblers for about 10 hours. Great finish. Looks like new.

10 hours!? how about 2 hours 50/50 mix of corncob and walnut+ Nu finish

May look good after two hours. Always start it before I go to work and shut it off when I get home.

You may want to look into a timer . I'm using one I got 20 yeras ago . It looks like an windup egg timer , but has settings for 1 to 12 hours. Has a plug for the outlet and a single receptacle on it for my vibe cleaner . You'll also save a little $$$ on electric ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if this will show it well but these are right in front of me so:

IMG_1075.jpg
</div></div>

what is that loading block?

Chiller, they are just some plastic trays a guy was selling on here a couple years ago. It's two different colored trays pushed together which accounts for why it looks strange. I got a bunch of them cheap. I have no idea what their original purpose was but they hold 223 size brass well.

The brass in the pic was in for a little under 2 hours. It would take plain walnut 8-10 hours to replicate what the Nu Finish treated walnut will do in 1 1/2 hours. I wish I had known about it for the first decade I reloaded.