• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ship Kit from Primal Finish Arrived!

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    I called my good friend at Primal Finish and arranged to have a rifle of mine Cerakoted. I told him what my rifle configuration was, and he shipped me out a box with custom cut foam, packing tape, pen, instructions, and extra foam wedges. Everything I need to ship a rifle and my accessories securely in one box. I hate tracking down packing material to ship things. This made the process super easy! Everything I needed showed up at my door! I had it all boxed up and ready for UPS pickup in just a few minutes.

I've always hated shipping rifles, but after seeing how painless this was... I will be shipping him a lot more of my rifles to get the full treatment. This rifle has been ugly for a long time, for no other reason than I was too lazy to box it up. I'll post back with pics when the rifle's finished!

www.primalfinish.com

Got a package yesterday!

bLJjQX1h.jpg

This rifle left here in worse shape than any other rifle I own. It was a CMP rifle that showed up without a bolt, and the barrel showed up with tons of rust pitting when I received it. Wayne and I converted it into a repeater, and the PTG bolt was still in the white. Custom bottom metal was dropped into a standard BDL inlet, and of course the BDL has that recessed perimeter. The stock had all kinds of pinholes in the finish, several voids and problems. It was a very poorly finished Manners T6A.

Well Daniel @ Primal Finish completely fixed all of the problems in that stock as well as all the rust pitting in the barrel and the ugly unfinished metal components. I've been shooting this 40X repeater rifle heavily for a lot of years, but it remained ugly. Now it's finally "finished!"

Before:
    Kgq6f3Ph.jpg

After:
    0G8RxKZh.jpg

Here's the nasty rust pitting on the barrel.
    vHKWHpJh.jpg

The bottom metal inlet all fixed up.
    pUOmJGSh.jpg

The nasty void in the stock exterior as well as pinholes everywhere.
    2ZePUKPh.jpg

I had some magazines done too!
    FONLcKxh.jpg

All was filled, fixed, and professionally cerakoted with Primal Finish proprietary Phantom pattern using my chosen colors! I couldn't be happier with how this rifle has turned out. I sent a totally tore up rifle and Primal Finish returned a work of perfection. The atlas bipod and TBAC 22 takedown suppressor were done to match!

That worn look is fantastic! The rifle packing is first class. It's funny, we spend 1,000s on the kit but we just wrap it in bubble wrap and newspaper and call it good when shipping it. I wish every FFL or vendor used that packing.

Reactions: orkan
    I had my new 6.5 PRC coated at Primal Finish. It should be here in a week or so but he did send me some teaser pics.
    This is the second rifle and have had an RRS tripod and TBAC all coated from Primal Finish. All items have come back to me very quickly in the pattern and colors as we discussed, in way better shape and in very professionally packages. His work is simply impeccable.
    391CB11E-5E04-42F1-B365-C4D89E05C443.jpeg
    C8582CA1-3387-46FB-AB5C-FDC073D9C9C4.jpeg
    8A14A58D-B3B2-4B33-944F-85369F492754.jpeg
    D4C05849-9C15-499D-B9B7-A965A2A73446.jpeg
    902B4FE8-7CB1-4616-B4C3-5E3AFAF377AC.jpeg

Last edited:
    Did you have the action fully cerokoted? Doesn't that make it very prone to binding? When my Big Horn was cerokoted it totally ruined the action for bolt operation. I had the finished blasted off and spec'd back to original.

It's an exceptional looking rifle. Enjoy it in good health!

I appreciate the complement, thanks really goes to Greg at Primal rights and Travis at TS Customs as well as Daniel at Primal Finish for helping me through the process and proving the best service in the custom gun industry.
    Cant wait to get this rifle in my hands, I’m sure it will perform extremely well. I‘be got 200 pcs of brass, 16 lbs of H1000 and 500 rounds of Berger 156 EOL’s ready and waiting!