• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shiping rifle back to MFG?

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
So I'm sending my POF back to POF in Glendale AZ for repairs again. This time it's not just the upper its the entire rifle. Do I have to have an FFL holder do it or can I just overnight UPS or USPS it?

POF sent me a hard case and a cardboard box to ship it in.

Re: Shiping rifle back to MFG?

I dont believe you have to go through an FFL to ship back to a manufacturer. I have sent my 1911 to Springfield Armory through FED EX and I do not hold an FFL.

You can send it by UPS, Fedex, or USPS.
It doesn't have to be overnighted.

just drop it in a box and send it, no ffl required.

I'm curious, what is the process for getting the rifle back from the manufacturer? Does it have to go through a FFL?

The manufacturer will ship it back to your door step, hopefully with plenty of insurance and signature required.

Ownership has not changed, so there's no need for any FFL transaction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm sending my POF back to POF in Glendale AZ for repairs again. This time it's not just the upper its the entire rifle. Do I have to have an FFL holder do it or can I just overnight UPS or USPS it?

POF sent me a hard case and a cardboard box to ship it in. </div></div>

If your having that much trouble id ask for a refund. Buy a LMT.