• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping ammo to CA

Familydude

Spending my kids’ paltry inheritance on hobbies
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 14, 2020
    California
    I know I’m probably opening myself up to a verbal beating but those have never bothered me:

I’ve noticed that some sellers on the Hide and some commercial sellers refuse to ship ammo to CA. This is not a complaint, gripe or sucker tossed in the mud. I’ve been fortunate to do okay with my purchases, having found individuals and businesses that do. For those that prefer not to, just wondering what the thought process is (aside from the usual and mostly valid, anti-2a sentiments about this State)?

Ammo shipments to CA go to an FFL just like a firearm purchased from an individual. Buyers name, FFL’s address. Easy for the seller. The buyer goes through the hassle of an abbreviated background check. If they don’t pass, the fault and liability is all theirs.

The seller could be shipping from Pelican Bay or Alcatraz and in my experience, doesn’t need to provide anything but a “from” address.

Then again, maybe it’s enough of a pain and sadly, I’ve gotten used to all the legislation on my end.

Just throwing it out there for conversation.

Last edited:
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    One would think people would be wanting to help some "behind the lines" so-to-speak. Speaks of the dedication of some to the 2nd Amendment.

Also if you have an ffl03 like me, then it's legal to mail to your house. Brownells, mile high, target sports etc send me ammo np.

And if they don't pass the background check, does it get shipped back to the seller?

California sucks!

I'm assuming the store keeps a record of who and what address sent the ammo & that list might be available for inspection later on if the Communists in CA decide to try to pull some shenanigans?

Shipping to CA is easy. Just needs to go to an FFL. My guy checks my ID, I sign for it, pay and I'm out the door in 5 minutes. As mentioned above, support us red folks in California so we don't move out to your state! California is a lot more based than people give it credit once you leave the coastal elite enclaves. California would look a lot like the red/blue voting maps of the United states if you viewed it that way. California also uses Dominion voting machines and is as corrupt as it gets. Yes, there are millions of kooks here, but overall, I think our political climate is "manufactured".

I'm assuming the store keeps a record of who and what address sent the ammo & that list might be available for inspection later on if the Communists in CA decide to try to pull some shenanigans?
    My FFL could care less. With all the ammo shipped in the US, I don’t think a single state would care to track anything. Seems like it would be the feds, and to states that have more “traffic.” That’s just a guess by the way.