• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping ammo USPS

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
Can you legally ship ammo and/or primers USPS. Our PostMaster says no but I don’t think she really “knows”

No, only UPS and FEDEX and you can't ship primers unless you have a hazmat permit

Shipping where I live n PoDunk Ark with FedEx or UPS is a pain n the Ass!!! TU

Sure. Some use it, doesn’t mean it’s allowed

Not supposed to, but I bought ammo and primers and they both came in flat rate boxes
That's what usps gets for handing out free shipping materials. I've received a lot of stuff via ups that was packed with usps materials.

just make sure the box doesn't SAY ammo or they won't take it. box it up good and send it, they won't know. don't be a puss.

just make sure the box doesn't SAY ammo or they won't take it. box it up good and send it, they won't know. don't be a puss.
I know two guys that survived having the freight they were flying burst into flames and burn very vigorously. They got the airplane on the ground at night, at an airport that had not been attended or lit up. The controller was able to contact someone to come out and turn on the runway lights, which came on only shortly before their landing of a smoke filled aircraft. They were only a few minutes from certain death.

Undeclared, improperly packaged hazmat kills.

Pilots that have had an uncontrolled cargo fire inflight and survived is a very small fraternity.

Don't ship undeclared hazmat.

Not supposed to, but I bought ammo and primers and they both came in flat rate boxes
People on other forums have had ammo that was shipped via USPS in violation of their rules simply disappear. The Post Office will NOT return it to sender due to the improper shipping method.

I just talked to FedEx and UPS today. FedEx says they may require a background check now. Im going to UPS tomorrow morning. Also the orm-d stickers are no longer accepted. They require the diamond pictured below.

Attachments

• orm-d-label-printable-ormd-ammunition-diamond-SFLsVN.jpg
    orm-d-label-printable-ormd-ammunition-diamond-SFLsVN.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 54
People on other forums have had ammo that was shipped via USPS in violation of their rules simply disappear. The Post Office will NOT return it to sender due to the improper shipping method.
I believe it's more than a violation of rules, pretty sure it's a felony. The same is true for fedex and UPS or whatever -- if it ends up on a plane, or attempted to be loaded onto a plane, it becomes a big deal. Definitely make sure the person you are shipping with knows how to deal with ammunition.

FedEx you have to call and schedule a drop-off at their facility. UPS you can just show up and ship at a customer center. Note that a customer center is a hub with a customer counter NOT a retail UPS outlet at a mall or whatever. UPS will have the labels and everything you need, much more pleasant to ship through them than FedEx.

A side note for UPS -- they say the max weight for ammunition is 66lbs but if you go over 50lbs by a single ounce it will go from being a $20-100 shipment to being $150-400. Learned that the hard way.

A few delivery companies are shipping ammo. This is a big problem for me. There aren't shops where you can go and buy the ammo for your hunting rifle in my country. This is why I had to spend a lot of time searching for a delivery company ta could ship ammo. Luckily, UPS deals with such parcels, and also it is an excellent delivering company. Most of all, I like that they have an extraordinary package tracker. If your parcel is coming from abroad, you can use the tracking system to get a notification when it is situated when you request the location.

Can you legally ship ammo and/or primers USPS. Our PostMaster says no but I don’t think she really “knows”

You know that USPS posts its shipping policies and regulations online, right?

Reactions: Baron23