• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes shipping an S&B legality?

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    S&B PMII P4F reticle....
    legal for me to ship out of the good old USA or would that land me in federal pounded in th ass prison?

Re: shipping an S&B legality?

I would call S&B for certainty. They are well versed in ITAR matters regarding specific models of their optics.

It's not one of those things you'd want to chance due to barracks lawyering on the internet. I doubt you'd get in any real trouble since I sincerely doubt you're a guy who gets in trouble with the law, but you'd most likely never get the scope back which would be a big kick in the teeth itself, if it is a regulated item (it might not be, I don't know).

Unless you're a lawyer/manufacturer versed in this stuff, it's about clear as mud what may or may not shipped, but manufacturers (especially international companies) usually have it down.

http://epic.org/crypto/export_controls/itar.html

I'm hoping Mildot is not a problem for Export from the US / ITAR....waiting on an MST100 shipping with my GAP!

If you can get the scope you want from the US then S&B Germany can put a mildot in it.

I don't know your export/import relationship with them but I thought it may help.

tag

Ive always heard that anything with a ranging reticle cannot be exported without paperwork. Very easily could be a wives tale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a scope sent to me in canada, it has a mildot, alwase has.I dint know it was even a problem. </div></div>

Lots of people don't even think about it. Happens alot. 98% of the time, no one would even know. But that one time that they do check, you could get yourself in a world of hurt. I don't know what scopes are regulated, I'm just saying in general.

what would be the reasoning for regulating reticles? I mean if someone wanted to be a hit man or think of taking long range hits on someone/something, they could find one in the US/outside US. like someone said, have it fitted with one.