• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shipping Questions???

Night Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
Cullman, AL
Had a gun and scope that was shipped to be coated two weeks ago. The shipping labels were mixed up on my gun and another one. I know that is on the shipper (my gun shop), but the guy has yet to ship my stuff back out and I can't get any answers from him. He has received his stuff from where ever it went already.

My question is: What do I do now? Does the any law come into play here? Is this just on my guy to get fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Shipping Questions???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does the any law come into play here? </div></div>

WTF.

If your shipper screwed up and shipped something to the wrong place, then got it back from the wrong place, you can either:
a. have it ship to the right guy this time
or
b. go get your shit back and ship it yourself

There's no f(_)ckin law about not making mistakes with addresses, what a dumb question, what were you planning on doing, suing him???

The problem is not that it went to wrong guy, it's that he will not send it back.

I just figured that since it was sent to a specific FFL that something could be done to get it back.

Sorry I pissed in your Corn Flakes. It's F*CKING rediculous that someone can't ask a question about something they don't deal with daily or know a lot about without getting some smartass comment from a jerk like you Swift. Sorry I don't know all there is to know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hvydg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There should be a explanation. Who Were they sent to to be coated?Have you been trying to get intouch with the guy for a while. </div></div>

SHould have gone to ARP here on the hide. But it went to a gun shop in Rochester NY. The guy that sent it out for me has been in contact with him. There was more than one gun that went to the wrong place. His went somewhere in GA I believe. He said when he received his gun, he would ship mine back out, I understood that. Now that his gun has arrived, he has not returned our phone calls. I know his arrived because the guy that did the shipping had the tracking info so he could update me on an approx. shipping date for mine. Now we can't get in touch with him...

Are you talking about the general rule that if someone sends you something in the mail, and you didn't ask for it, that you don't have to pay for it because you can assume that it's a free gift?
laugh.gif

yea I would put it on your shop. Tell them to fix the mistake you are not responsible for it after handing it to your local gun shop. They must fix the problem or replace it

Hey Swifty, maybe you ought to actually read the post before mouthing off. I understood the problem right off. All you do is come on here and act like a junior high bully. Learn to read and act with some respect.
I would imagine the dipstick who is holding the rifle may be in some deep doo-doo if the ATF gets word that they are in possesion of something they shouldn't have. I could be wrong, but me thinks if it were me, I would get it out of my hair asap.

Not sure about the specific laws in the states you are dealing with, but his retention of your property generally falls under theft of lost or mislaid property. Since I think you are dealing with 2 different states, you may have issues with jurisdiction. Try contacting your local PD. If they will consider it stolen,pursuant to your state's laws, and the weapon is entered into NCIC, then the PD where the gun currently is at can get it back. Just food for thought.

Got the call this morning. ATF did get involved due to other items in the same batch of shipping that were a little more serious than my rifle and scope. I was told it has been recovered and awaiting release on Friday after all other items have been screened.

Thanks for the advice guys! Can't wait till this is all over.