• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Shipping scope to Puerto Rico legal?

C4MC

Cash 4 Motorcycles
Minuteman
Anyone know if shipping a scope to Puerto Rico from the States is legal? A gentleman PM'd me about a scope I have for sale but he is in PR. I don't want to do anything illegal and I don't know what government agency I would contact to find out. I know they are a commonwealth or territory but I don't want to take any chances. Anyone know what government agency I could contact to answer this question?

Re: Shipping scope to Puerto Rico legal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CMonty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest the State Department would be the ones to contact. A quick google search got me this : http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar_official.html </div></div>

Thanks for the info. I had no idea where to start or what agency to call. I called the Department of State - Director of Defense Trade Controls and they said it is perfectly legal to ship to Puerto Rico.