• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shocked!

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    It’s shocking and almost unbelievable the number of PX adds selling guns people have supposedly never shot.

It’s often “I’m the second owner of (insert whatever kick ass gun that everyone would love to shoot) but never fired it. The original owner said it has less than 200 rounds and is a tack driver.”
    It’s always 200 rounds for some reason and “shoots lights out” or “is a tack driver” but lack any pics of targets.

I can sort of understand scopes “only mounted, never fired” because I buy a lot to try out, although I actually use them to try them out.

Is this an investment thing, total bullshit or something else. Please enlighten me. 🤣🍻
    30CF7B16-CA07-40D2-A6D9-4419BD647F92.jpeg

Reactions: Faronth
    I've got one on some other boards that has less than a box through it since new. Have had it three or four years now. Too many guns for the time I have to shoot and hunt. But yeah, I've noticed medium round count guns going up for sale recently and it's always a round number in groups of tens, never odd, like a one to three shot hunting trip.

I've got one on some other boards that has less than a box through it since new. Have had it three or four years now. Too many guns for the time I have to shoot and hunt. But yeah, I've noticed medium round count guns going up for sale recently and it's always a round number in groups of tens, never odd, like a one to three shot hunting trip.
    No doubt but maybe just estimating the round count who knows. It’s like saying “Ive only had 2 beers officer”.
    I’m not talking a hunting rifle you got in a raffle or trade and just don’t shoot, I’m talking $3k-$5k precision rifles. Not so rare you don’t want to shoot them and ruin the value, just badass rifles that you would buy to shoot! Seems odd anyway.

This reminds me of a post I made a couple of years ago regarding what I've observed in the PX over the years:

"Like New/Mint Condition" = Used. May have scratches, dings, dents, etc.

"New/Brand New" = I may have fired or mounted it, then changed my mind and put it back in the box.

"FIRM Price" = Check back tomorrow for a cheaper price.

"Final Price Drop" = Check back in a few days for another price drop.

"Safe Queen" = If you consider the plastic case the gun comes with a "safe". I don't even own a safe.

"No Low Ball Offers" = Any offer less than my full asking price.

"Send your trade offers. Worst I can say is no" = I will say no to every offer, unless you can guess the one item I want.

"It's A One Hole Gun" = I only shoot one round groups.

"As long as I do my part" = True, if gun is being sold by Jerry Miculek.

"Used, but not abused" = Looks like it's been dragged behind your truck on a gravel road.

"I don't have time to shoot anymore" = I have no more time to mess with this piece of shit.

"I don't shoot it as much as I thought I would" = It's a frustrating, inaccurate, unreliable piece of junk.

"My loss, your gain" = I'm selling it for exactly what I paid.

"All day long" = As long as it's not a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

"Unknown round count" = I lost count after 5000.

"Low round count" = Anywhere from 1 to 1000.

"Rare/Hard to find" = They only made 100,000 of them.

"Going in a different direction" = wife found credit card bill and said it was her or the new gun.

I manage a family owned outdoor store, with a gun department, everybody that wants to trade a gun says I have only shot it twice. Had a guy last week wanted to trade a Ruger LCP, had the box and all. Said he only shot one magazine thru it, when he opened the box it had hardly no blueing left and surface rust. I said that thing looks rough for shooting only one magazine, he said yeah, I've carried it in my pocket for 4 years. We passed on that one.

• Haha
    Reactions: db2000
    I can’t talk for anyone but myself. I have some where around 17-18 ready to shoot precision rifles.

I have to drive 3 hours to shot over 200 yards so my rifles do not get shot often. My match rifles (3 of them) have 3-6k on them. The rest of them are definitely under 100 round count with most of them under 20-40. So I can see why there is a lot of rifles with low round count. Will people lie about their stuff? Hell yes

Hell impact just had a run of titanium actions so picked up 3 of them. So now I am selling 3 other actions with very low round counts. (I have range books for all of my rifles, and keep an accurate count).

Investment? some of them

Will I loose money when I sell? On most of them.

Reactions: kindabitey
    recently met a sort of well off guy, maybe around 60, bought an lmt because he could and didn't want to wait until it was illegal.
    anyway, i think he has had it a while, never shot a rifle (shoots handguns) and never bought a scope for it.

recently met a sort of well off guy, maybe around 60, bought an lmt because he could and didn't want to wait until it was illegal.
    anyway, i think he has had it a while, never shot a rifle (shoots handguns) and never bought a scope for it.

There are those who saw the writing on the wall and bought a firearm or two when Biden stole the election. With no real intention of shooting those firearms or couldn't find affordable ammo. I have bought and sold unfired firearm in the past. There was 1 time I had to buy 5 Garands to get the one that I really wanted. It happens...... Sadly,

Reactions: theLBC
    I have a 6.5mm Grendel and a Pedersoli muzzle loader listed in the PX, among other things. I know the Grendel hasn't been fired and I never shot the Pedersoli. Reason being, both were bought as theoretical needs but neither are high priority for me. Handling them did give me an idea of what would be better for me, hence why they went up for sale.

I have a 6.5mm Grendel and a Pedersoli muzzle loader listed in the PX, among other things. I know the Grendel hasn't been fired and I never shot the Pedersoli. Reason being, both were bought as theoretical needs but neither are high priority for me. Handling them did give me an idea of what would be better for me, hence why they went up for sale.
    Pretty sure you’re exactly the guy the OP is talking about.

It’s shocking and almost unbelievable the number of PX adds selling guns people have supposedly never shot.

It’s often “I’m the second owner of (insert whatever kick ass gun that everyone would love to shoot) but never fired it. The original owner said it has less than 200 rounds and is a tack driver.”
    It’s always 200 rounds for some reason and “shoots lights out” or “is a tack driver” but lack any pics of targets.

I can sort of understand scopes “only mounted, never fired” because I buy a lot to try out, although I actually use them to try them out.

Is this an investment thing, total bullshit or something else. Please enlighten me. 🤣🍻
    View attachment 7917927
    It’s kind of like when I worked for Harley, every couple weeks someone would call trying to sell their 2 year old fatboy or street glide with a few hundred miles on it, they bought it because it looked cool then were scared to ride it or just hated it. I think the same thing happens with guns, and of course there are those who buy it just to resell it. I picked up one bike 2 years later that only had enough miles to get from the dealer to his garage.

Finding time to shoot is becoming more and more difficult. Finding the time and money to shoot in recent times is becoming more and more difficult.

Once we get through this downward spiral (however long that takes), I think more (frequency and amount) shooting will occur.