• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoe goo

steve1419

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
Can anyone recomend where to buy Shoe Goo cheap or in bulk? Online or store doesn't matter.

Re: Shoe goo

I am sorry for taking 12 seconds of your life Quickdraw, feel free next time you see a topic you don't like to MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE WITHOUT REPLYING.

I have obviously already done extensive searching online, I only asked on this forum in the hopes that someone might have an idea or store I haven't come across that could help.

I see this all over this site, people getting pissy attitudes because you asked for some simple help. If it bothers you so much, don't answer, very simple. To the good folks who provided helpful answers I thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just shoe goo'd my hand to my weener </div></div>

thought that was super glue..??..??

nothing like some good comic relief to disarm the situation
smile.gif

I thought you punished vajay jay, not your chicken?

dont judge me you A-holes, so what if I was buildin a guille and took a break to rub one out and got stuck

If it is for a Ghiliie suit, I suggest you instead take the time to sew on netting, at least on the jacket. My first two ghillie suits were shoe goo and garnish right on the cloth, and they were faster to make and worked good enough, but netting on the back is much better for weaving in natural veg. Glue and garnish on the trousers and sleeves is still OK. I have one of my Ghillie suits still that was made with shoe goo, and the stuff is still on since late 1982, though I haven't worn it in twenty years. It still looks good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont judge me you A-holes, so what if I was buildin a guille and took a break to rub one out and got stuck </div></div>

hahahahahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont judge me you A-holes, so what if I was buildin a guille and took a break to rub one out and got stuck</div></div>

Too slow. Rub faster next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just shoe goo'd my hand to my weener </div></div>

Just soak it down with some nail polish remover for 30 min.

You can get amazing goop from wall mart and its made by the same company that makes shoe goo and works just the same.Don't use them on cordura they will not stick,but on cotton blend cloth there's no way in hell you will pull it apart once the glue sets up.

cheapest and best route i have found is e6100/e6000. google e6100 and creative wholesale. get it in 10oz caulk tubes for 5.50 a tube. the e6100 is thicker.
the caulk tubes are much easier to work with as well

Shoe Goo is simply amazing. My CO and I worked on a project for the Marine Corps over twenty years ago for the "GSAK" Ghillie Suit Accessory Kit and Shoe Goo was a must have to the kit. Not sure if the Shoe Goo ever got an NSA number assigned to it or not. The idea being Marines could requisition the kits instead of having to steal IR netting, canvas from the old mans GP tent, bundles of burlap sand bags from supply, and then fork out our own cash for Shoe Goo and fishing line and needles. We always sewed the knetting on with fishing line then put a spot of Shoe Goo on the knots to make sure they stayed in place. Burlap strips then were tied to the knetting, and shredded (lots of cold beer helps with the mindless task of stripping the burlap strips into strands once they are tied onto the knetting). We never glued burlap onto the suit. The kit was also supposed to come with rolls of 2" wide burlap in several colors and shades. A set of cammies and a set of over whites for an urban Ghillie were included as well spray paint. All our canvas was put on with generous amounts of Shoe Goo and it held up for years of crawling around. I never saw a GSAK butheard rumors that they did end up as an issue item. We even had it written up to include items like a set of small pruing shears and a Leatherman.

As to your original posted question; Walmart is the only place around here that I have found it and the red and white tube stuff seemed to work best.

In an attempt to hijack the tread if anyone ever got there dick skinners on one of these GSAKs I would be interested to hear how they turned out.

Take care an good luck on your Goo quest

Danel