• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shoes

Tony1320

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
What shoes is everyone wearing for matches?

My research says salomon and merrell are great choices but not sure which model

I don't need a waterproof shoe just something comfortable for walking / hiking

Any shoe suitable for carrying moderate loads over uneven ground will suffice.

The targets don’t care what brand you wear.

Your feet, your preference.... It also depends on terrain and load.
I prefer a 6"tall, lighter boot for most matches.
I have a wide feet and I'm old/arthritic... Solomons fit me very well and have great traction on the mud and clay we have here in western Oregon.
I usually wear a low top,6", boot at the barn or shooting in the woods and a pair of their ankle height during the day. Their waterproof units are truly waterproof and their customer service is excellent.
For rough terrain and backwoods antics where my life may depend on me being able to walk out I wear Danners-again, they fit my feet well- Super Rainforests (US Made) for all wear day in the wet and cold (like some of the matches in NE Washington), Pronghorns(chinese made) and some Berry Compliant Marine Corp Rat Boots for summer and desert stuff like Steel Safari.

Last edited:
What shoes is everyone wearing for matches?

My research says salomon and merrell are great choices but not sure which model

I don't need a waterproof shoe just something comfortable for walking / hiking
I wear flip flops. I'm competing with fat fucks anyway.

Merrell Moabs have been great for me! I just got a new pair of Altima OTB Maritimes to try out and so far I like them but they are more like canvas sneakers

I like wearing Lowa Zephyr Highs. They're basically like a really tall running shoe anyways but that 8" height gives you some decent ankle support when you're carrying pack and rifle ver uneven terrain. If the match is on flat ground/concrete then I wear some Salomon Speedcross trail runners.

Rainbow flip flops or Altama OTB boots.
There are a couple of guys at our local match that wear flip flops. I wear boots because it's a working cattle ranch, the cattle don't respect the firing line, and I don't like cow shit squeezing between my toes...

Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator during the summer (because they breathe)
Salomon Discovery GTX during the winter (because I want to stay as dry and warm as possible)