• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Shoot at Grayling (MI) nned shooters

ToolsoftheTrade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2007
MI
I spoke with the owner of NCSA this past weekend and was talking about getting a shoot together at Camp Grayling. We discussed a 1000yd shoot that would be open to most calibers.
Need to get a minimum of 35 shooters.
Anyone interested?

Re: Shoot at Grayling (MI) nned shooters

Yup. Depending on the weekend.

Do you have access to Grayling?

Myself and a few others may be interested depending on the date. Keep me in the loop on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have access to Grayling? </div></div>
according to the organizer yes, we can make it happen.

round count? Im in if its more than 50.

Rich

im up in gaylord, but I dont have a weapon that can stretch out that far.

Hey Shay,I have proof dope to 600.Chart numbers to 1000.I Would be willing to share stick if you are willing.Holler back!

I may be interested depending on the weekend (possibly one to two more as well - I'm informing them about this asap). Do they allow pistols on the base? I'd be traveling a couple of hours to get there, with CCW pistol, etc., and no place to leave it "off base" if that is required.

Also, would we work out to 1000 yards from some point closer, or just shoot 1K the entire time? I have dope out to 400 with this new rifle but not beyond.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emfour</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they allow pistols on the base? I'd be traveling a couple of hours to get there, with CCW pistol, etc., and no place to leave it "off base" if that is required.

</div></div>

Michigan (or any) concealed carry laws are not valid in the cantonment area of camp grayling. Meaning the fenced in area or actual post. If you enter through the main gate (assuming that Range 10, the 1000 yd KD range is going to be used), you may travel through the post to the range with your firearms, but you may not stop until you reach the range. I would disarm myself (store your pistol unloaded in the trunk or unaccessable area) before driving through, if you want to comply. You probably would not be searched, but the possibility is there.

Range 10 is outside the post proper. The ranges and training areas are on state land outside the cantonment area. You can access the ranges from the west if you know the area and avoid driving on the post itself.

Several years ago, we were not allowed to transport any firearm through the post, and had to get to range 10 through the "back door".

If there is a 'back door' to the range then that would seem to be the least hassle for all concerned. I have no problem leaving the pistol in the car, unloaded if need be (I know they are not allowed loaded/carried at Camp Perry so I didn't expect this to be any different), just wanted to know if it is O.K. to have in the car.

So, is this happening before the snow falls?

Anyone remember the hype that preceded the movie 'Snakes On A Plane'? Biggest hit of the year, they said. Then we waited....

My vote would be for Nov 15 and use the deer as movers. I have always seen large bucks while at Grayling. Unfortunately I can not make a comp there as I no longer live in the UP.

Depends on which weekend. Any more info available?

Have never had the opportunity to go out to 1K, my new build looks promising, i would be in based on the weekend. Certainly would rather not do it in the snow.

I'm interested ... as with others, somewhat dependent on the timing.

SND

I'm interested. Probly can't a damn thing past 600 but I will try!!

The date does matter though

Is this gonna happen or what???

Rich

The "Back Door" is via Phoenix road off M72 just west of Lake Margrethe.(If I remember correctly) If you guys are serious about this I have two points of contact at Camp Grayling range control, I went to A-land with them.

Emfour- On the carry thing, if the gate guard wants to search your ride, you can decline, you just won't be allowed on post, you could simply leave. The other option is to have your heater secured by the Provost Marshall however, making arangements to get it back when you leave post is subject to their schedual. I've always used the don't ask don't tell method while on post, but my position there is a bit different than yours, and I've never been searched. Plus I give them the I'M GONNA'TWIST YOUR HEAD OFF IF YOU MESS WITH ME look. They just glance my ID and wave me through, none of that tweenty questions crap. If this shoot comes together and the date is right you could meet me at our new place and roll up there with me.