• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shoot me now!!!You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Face palm and that really sucks. Looks like a train conductor hat from some old western movie at best.

In the Army, we wore a flat hat that had the derisive name of "C*** cap".

Later they changed it to the Black Beret, and some of the guys started calling it a "Lewinski".
Basically the same name....

I cannot imagine what I would have felt if this came out while I served but even though I no longer wear the uniform I am still embarrassed!!! What I was really surprised to read today is by the way this will cost the taxpayers $8M! This right after shutting down the government due to spending... Yeah, lets piss off the Marines and the tax payers...

I was never a Marine, and I'm not trying to insult any Marine, past, present or future, but this Marine below was certain not pussified by his cover. Which is remarkably similar to the one proposed.

dan_daly2_3_zpsd710dc03.jpg

Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly (November 11, 1873 – April 27, 1937) was a United States Marine and one of only nineteen men (including seven marines) to have received the Medal of Honor twice. Of the Marines who are double recipients, only Daly and Major General Smedley Butler received their Medals of Honor for two, separate actions.

They usually do shit like this to take your mind away from the real shit their trying to pull off in DC. Ya'll gonna fall for that crap again?

I was never a Marine, and I'm not trying to insult any Marine, past, present or future, but this Marine below was certain not pussified by his cover. Which is remarkably similar to the one proposed.

View attachment 19457

Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph "Dan" Daly (November 11, 1873 – April 27, 1937) was a United States Marine and one of only nineteen men (including seven marines) to have received the Medal of Honor twice. Of the Marines who are double recipients, only Daly and Major General Smedley Butler received their Medals of Honor for two, separate actions.

What you can't see in that pic is Daly's cover is black and does not slope in the back. It's also very ornate. Dan Daly is a true American hero and Marine legend but them trying to tag his name to this cover is disgraceful. They are trying to sell Marines on it by using his name.

We have been wearing our current cover since the 20s. Those who are not or have not been in the Corps might not understand but we are steeped in symbolisim and tradition. We love our uniform. We love what it means and what it represents. To me this change is akin to changing the colors of the American Flag. It's just something you don't do. You leave things that are cherised and beloved alone.

Last edited:
thas pretty fucking ugly. Jesus christ dont even say that beret word out loud. someone will pick it up. Maybe we will all go to gray suits in all branches like starship troopers hahahahhahahaha. In all seriousness though, the Marine uniform pulls serious tail. My wife will cry if she sees Marines in this hahhahahahahhaha.

Remember. We dont have the budget for equipment we need. But new insulting hats, are always a priority.

Hahaha! Welcome to the army where you change uniforms daily to keep female soldiers and high ranking officers (same thing) happy!

Guess what, guys? You've fallen for yet another politically motivated appeal to emotion.

Marines shoot down Internet story on Obama?s alleged push for ?girly hats? - U.S. - Stripes

ETA: some highlights of the above article:

So, the Marine Corps Uniform Board, which meets quarterly, decided to gather feedback in advance of its meeting next week. Active and Reserve Marines were asked to vote on whether they believe women should adopt the current male cover, with some small modifications, or for all Marines to adopt what they call the Dan Daly cap.

In an email, Marine Corps officials said there is no truth to reports that President Obama is behind the potential change.“The president in no way, shape or form directed the Marine Corps to change our uniform cover,” according to the Marine Corps statement. “We are looking for a new cover for our female Marines for one overriding reason: The former manufacturer went out of business. … The Marine Corps has zero intention of changing the male cover.”

And take a look at the link in the OP - it's updated with the info that the article is misleading and false. Of course, it's not unexpected to get a reaction like this when deep down you're convinced the President deeply hates the military. It's almost like wishful thinking and is why we see this kind of shit spread like wildfire in the political echo chambers, be it Left or Right. Confirmation Bias is something we're all guilty of and it requires some education in Critical Thinking, Logic and Reason to avoid falling into its trap.

Last edited:
Sorry boys, but the USMC FB page states, NO, we are NOT changing the Male Marine cover. It's over, done with, not gonna happen, so be done with it. If you think some punk assed weed smoking foreigner is going to tell the Commandant of the Marine Corps what do do with uniforms, well, maybe you might be a voter for the next election for the first female prez too!
Semper FI My Brothers!

So would Marines rather look like a bus driver, or a WWI hero?
Just askin', no offense.
I am not understanding your question! As it's not going to happen (the change) the point is moot, however; I've looked at the two photos, they don't even appear to be the same color! Black hats, to me don't look like white hats, any more than a grey suit looks just like a pink suit, but that is just me.....

First thing the new cover reminded me of was Marty Feldman in The Last Remake of Beau Geste. Because we should make our Marines dress like the French... zut alors!

marty3_zpsbe0d5c3d.jpg

Glad to hear that it is not happening. But I will say that you could put anything from an Antler Hat to a Rastafarian Bonnet on a Marine and underneath is still a great American.

Cheers,

Sirhr