• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooter ready

20Incher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Westchester
Been shooting since 77 so not new to shooting but new to long range.I bought a rem 700 sps with leupold rings and 20moa with a ffp 3x12 4200.Guess not that great a set up but don't get out that often.Pretty boring with 100 yrd range.Last time out shot 10 rounds about the size of a nickel with federal gold 168gr.Anyway going out to see my parents out in Prescott valley in Sept.Last time I went I brought my ar (16inch barrel)and shot 8 inch groups at 3 hundred yrds with 2moa dot on my burris with hold over.I bought shooter ready and doing great except don't have wind down yet,Have no problem with milling and dialing.Finally the question is being asked ,how realistic is the shooter ready?I bought the ballistic app for my itouch?Would it be asking to much for 600 /700 yrd shots first time out?

Re: Shooter ready

Shooter ready is a great program. I'm new to long range stuff, but my friend recommended that I start off with shooter ready. I gave me the practice and kept me sharp. After breaking in my gun I was able to get out to 800 yards no problem with my remmy sps tacticle 20in.