• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Shooter tv series

Jsmoody84

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2018
Va beach
Anyone watching Shooter? I know season 3 just started. I actually really enjoyed the first and second season. I'm not sure what's going on with the third yet.

I liked it a lot. It took me awhile to start watching because I thought it would be a remake of the movie. It’s ways better than the no movie thou.

I liked season 1 a lot, season 2 didn't really do it for me. I'll pick it back up eventually, I'm sure, but I lost interest for now.

Just a note for season 2. Ryan Phillipe broke his leg falling off a horse before they finished filming the season. Instead of trying to poeace together the rest of the season, they cut it short.

I find it entertaining and don't sweat the TV unreality. I give it more of a break than The Last Ship.

Anyone read Stephen Hunter’s Point of Impact, on which the series and movie are based?

If not, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Or any of the Bob Lee and Earl Swagger novels.

Last edited:
The third book in the swagger series was awesome. Time to Hunt. Swagger in the jungle from his spotter's perspective for the most part. An amazing read for sure.

Just a note for season 2. Ryan Phillipe broke his leg falling off a horse before they finished filming the season. Instead of trying to poeace together the rest of the season, they cut it short.

I find it entertaining and don't sweat the TV unreality. I give it more of a break than The Last Ship.

Ah, that explains it. I was kinda pissed where they cut it off for the season and not bringing things to a close.

I read the book years before the movie ever came out. I remember thinking when i finished it that it would make for a great movie. I wanna say that was sometime in the mid nineties but i am getting old and my memory is failing for sure

I don't think I'm current on the books. I thought I was but it looks like I missed one or two in the past few years. They are a good read.

My wife has banned me from watching it further as she was growing tired of me yelling at the TV with 'thats not how that works!'
The movie was even worse. They got everything wrong from ballistics to medicine. Was a typical Mark Wahlberg mumbling meathead movie where he probably provided all the input. Just a total abortion

I feel that the series has gone from half decent at best in the first season to flat out crap over the second and third season. I can even stand to watch the cookiecutter conspiracy nonsense anymore. Netflix should pull the plug already.

I like it but I also understand that this is Hollywood making it and not anyone with actual gun training or knowledge. all they know is "its a scary, PTSD button factories" so him taking a cresent wrench to the scope rings is just something I shrug off.

Anyone read Stephen Hunter’s Point of Impact, on which the series and movie are based?

If not, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Or any of the Bob Lee and Earl Swagger novels.

I’ve read that book more then once as well as the rest of them. When the movie came out I did not know it was based off Point of Impact until about half way through watching it I remembered the story. One of my favorites is Hot Springs with Bob Lees dad Earl.