• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooters Ridge Bipods!!

Re: Shooters Ridge Bipods!!

I've bought 3. Still have 1. The other 2 broke under very nonabusive shooting. I would deff recommend the Harris swivel over that one. You can use the POD-LOC with the Harris as well. The 2 shooters ridge that broke could have bought a harris. thats the way I think about it. Can't go wrong with the harris

pro: its a cheaper harris type bipod
con: probably not as good as a harris.
wink.gif

i have a harris and a couple knockoffs from overseas that were cheaper than the shooters ridge but probably same quality. not a fair comparison cause the harris is a swivel and the others arent. i dig the swivel.

I have 3 Harris bipods. I was just looking for something to throw on a hunting rifle.

My friend has had his shooters ridge a long time. Theyre deff usable but I would put some glue on the exposed threads cuz mine always back off.

I would recommend a Harris over the Shooter Ridge. I got a Shooters Ridge cheap and it came apart with very light use.

Take a look at the Atlas Bipods. They are very impressive.

shooter's ridge (including the caldwell, winchester brand, etc knockoffs) pros:

1. less money than harris
2. basically the same features as the harris
3. will work as a practical bipod
4. the tightening knob is a nice difference

cons:

1. not the same quality as the harris - even down to the rubber feet.
2. spring tension not the same - harris keeps those legs deployed or stowed better.
3. just not as solid feeling as the harris - but will work none the less.

other comparisons and to pick a length and notched or smooth legs:
HARRIS / HARRIS STYLED BIPODS

if you already have 3 harris bipods, then you know the answer to your question. or put one of your harris' on the hunter rifle.

you can think of it this way too: you probably already spent $X on the rifle, ammo, licenses, sick / vacation days from work to go hunting, other associated gear, time and energy to go hunting. might as well throw in 30.00 to 40.00 more for the harris.

The cheap ones are ok, but I reserve them for bench shooting light stuff now, 22's, 204, etc. I have a shooters ridge that has lasted for about 6 years on a bunch of different rifles under heavy use. I did replace the nuts on it with lock nuts when the originals backed out. The newer cheap ones I own seem a lot less durable. I bought a harris for my hunting rifle. Worth the extra dough to be confident it won't break at a bad time.

I am considering a Harris HBLM-S for my AR15. I am curious to know the pros and cons and if there is something better in the Harris line price range.

If you plan on putting your rifle through any tuff positional shooting they will break. But, if you are going to mount them on a rifle that will be in and out of your safe just to the range for belly shooting they will work.