• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooters world precision

Z06pilot

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2017
Usa
How does this really compare to varget? I have been reading mixed results on it. Some say better sd than varget. Some say it is alot slower. I am loading for a 6gt btw, so if it makes a rainbow colored muzzle flash that would be appropriate!

how do you like the gt so far ?

Last edited:
Still waiting on the gun. Should have it in a week or so. I Have almost everything else, I just wanted to be squared away when it comes in.

Z06pilot I have heard that it's more temp sensitive than Varget and I'm waiting to get some too to run in dasher for a while. Looking forward to comments on this thread.

I didn't care for it. Tested it a lot side by side with Varget over multiple temps. I documented everything over on accurate shooter. Velocity for me was almost identical mid-day. But in the morning and late at night when the temps dropped it was all out of whack. I will say from what i remember SDs were good and accuracy was great but the velocity was up and down a lot with the temps. This was in a 6 Dasher.

Reactions: AManWearingAHat
I didn't care for it. Tested it a lot side by side with Varget over multiple temps. I documented everything over on accurate shooter. Velocity for me was almost identical mid-day. But in the morning and late at night when the temps dropped it was all out of whack. I will say from what i remember SDs were good and accuracy was great but the velocity was up and down a lot with the temps. This was in a 6 Dasher.

Interesting the differing results in that thread!

Funny thing is, I have seen .1 or .2 variation at 1000 yds with SD's in the 12-15 range. Crazy!!! SD's suggest that the variation should be a lot more but the groups show a different story.

Funny thing is, I have seen .1 or .2 variation at 1000 yds with SD's in the 12-15 range. Crazy!!! SD's suggest that the variation should be a lot more but the groups show a different story.
This is why I dont chase the SD dragon that far anymore. I tune my load to be something like 6-12 SD with little groups and let it rip at distance.

I just tried out a full load work up for my 20-inch 308 with Shooters World Precision. I loaded a 178gr ELD-M, 210M primers, and Lake City Brass and worked up to 43gr. Accuracy was excellent.

The best shooting charge weight was 42.3 grains, which yielded 2,520 fps with a SD of 7 at 36 degrees. It's a little slow, however the groups are by far the best my rifle has ever shot and it'll barely make it to 1,100 yards so going to call it good and just start loading and shooting.

I just tried out a full load work up for my 20-inch 308 with Shooters World Precision. I loaded a 178gr ELD-M, 210M primers, and Lake City Brass and worked up to 43gr. Accuracy was excellent.

The best shooting charge weight was 42.3 grains, which yielded 2,520 fps with a SD of 7 at 36 degrees. It's a little slow, however the groups are by far the best my rifle has ever shot and it'll barely make it to 1,100 yards so going to call it good and just start loading and shooting.
That's awesome performance there!! Were you seeing any pressure signs at all with that load?

That's awesome performance there!! Were you seeing any pressure signs at all with that load?

Absolutely no signs of pressure even on the higher charges. I’m guessing the next accuracy node would be just over 43 grains so I’m not going to push it. Here are the 2 groups I shot for record. The second would’ve been the best group I’ve even shot, but of course I couldn’t hold it for all 5 😂

Attachments

• C4BB13D1-2ED2-4CAA-A5BF-8E701CBAC311.png
    C4BB13D1-2ED2-4CAA-A5BF-8E701CBAC311.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 91
  • EC87932C-FC23-430A-A49C-69F2D707D562.jpeg
    EC87932C-FC23-430A-A49C-69F2D707D562.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 81
I took it up to 45.1gr in Federal .308 brass before I saw pressure signs. It’s very similar to Varget in many ways but a little more temp sensitive. Loads are almost identical. I use it when I can’t get Varget. It’s cheaper too.

Edit: corrected max

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: shoot4fun
Sure you want to stick with that number?
What bullet weight is that?

I use SMK 175. Load I settled on was 44.9gr. Speed is about 2750 and I put 5 in 3/4 inch at 100 yards. Didn’t even have to change zero from varget!

Edit: oops. 45.1 was max. Thanks for the catch.

Reactions: shoot4fun
I use SMK 175. Load I settled on was 44.9gr. Speed is about 2750 and I put 5 in 3/4 inch at 100 yards. Didn’t even have to change zero from varget!

Edit: oops. 45.1 was max. Thanks for the catch.
Please edit your original post or some poor goof will try to duplicate you mistake.
BTW, just for my own info, I tried 52.1 SW Precision in a twice fired WW 308 case. It did all go in but to with about 1/8" of the mouth.
I had to pour in slowly and tamp it down to get there.
No room for a bullet.
My current 308 Win load is 44.5. Varget, FGMM primer and Berger 185 Hybrid in Lapua brass. That is for my AIAW so a pretty strong action. Brass life is good (about 7-8 loadings) and no pressure signs. I feel confident the pressure is there though(just not excessive).

Reactions: moaorbust
Please edit your original post or some poor goof will try to duplicate you mistake.
BTW, just for my own info, I tried 52.1 SW Precision in a twice fired WW 308 case. It did all go in but to with about 1/8" of the mouth.
I had to pour in slowly and tamp it down to get there.
No room for a bullet.
My current 308 Win load is 44.5. Varget, FGMM primer and Berger 185 Hybrid in Lapua brass. That is for my AIAW so a pretty strong action. Brass life is good (about 7-8 loadings) and no pressure signs. I feel confident the pressure is there though(just not excessive).

Good call. Fixed. Suffering from CRS (can’t remember shit) these days. Been trying lots of different powders so I have backups.

I use the same 44.5 Varget load as you but with the SMKs and Fed 210m primers. I agree on Fed brass life. I am 4-5 in on these batches and they just keep going. Sometimes I fancy trying Lapua or such but these do so well I doubt I could get a measurable improvement if I could even get the brass.

Last edited:
Absolutely no signs of pressure even on the higher charges. I’m guessing the next accuracy node would be just over 43 grains so I’m not going to push it. Here are the 2 groups I shot for record. The second would’ve been the best group I’ve even shot, but of course I couldn’t hold it for all 5 😂
HA HA HA ALWAYS a flyer in a 5 shot group!!! Nicely done!!!