• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting and theft at GA gun range

It's extremely confusing when you see a sign entering a gun shop that says No CCW.

I went into a gun store years ago. The owner straight up asked me if I was CCWing. I said yes and he asked to to go take it to my car and leave it. Um what???
I stepped one foot into the door of an LGS and saw the legal sign on a counter inside facing the entrance and froze, shook my head and started turning around. The clerk read my mind and said, "That’s just an example of what a legal sign is in this state. Come on in."

I've been to two others that had the sign posted on the outside of the front door. I have no idea what the inside of those shops look like. Bye Felicia.

This all happened at the south end of my county. Never shot there, but the place is well known and run by really well respected folks. The folks around here are absolutely devastated and disgusted by the whole situation. What’s strange to me is the guy they arrested is a white dude from a VERY black area near Atlanta -Hartsfield airport, around 40 miles up I-85. They aren’t sharing any information, but I’m sure there are more arrests imminent. And the guy that found his parents and son dead is the county coroner and a very close friend of the sheriff. The county and state aren’t playing around with this investigation.

We had something similar here in PA. They caught the cocksucker who did it.
When I go to any range, public or private, I set up targets and firing point before I get any firearms or ammo out of the car. I put firearm(s) and ammo back in car before pulling targets. I always carry concealed at the range. Club policy or not, though none of the clubs around here have that policy. My life's worth more to me than a $100 club membership.
My thoughts and concerns. When in groups, we always leaver a trusted member behind with the firearms. When alone, I make sure I have a firearm with me when I go downrange. Heck, in North Louisiana, one never knows when a vermin might show up (Normally the four legged or no legged kind thankfully)

Reactions: stefan73
Evidently they are about to apprehend the other two At least that’s the rumor. I haven’t posted on this thread but I personally knew the Hawks as I have shot there for many years. Whenever I couldn’t make it to my dads farm, I would shoot here. During Covid I was out there twice a week. Both he and his wife were so sweet. She would accompany him at the range almost every time I was there. We would talk knives and guns. He would joke around with me about my “fancy guns and equipment” and i would bring back in my targets and I would show him the results of my fancy equipment :). He was always impressed…. It was all in good fun. I would always buy ammo from him even when I didn’t need it just to be nice and he would always give me a “discount”. Such lovely good country people like the ones I grew up around. I never got the chance to meet the grandson but I bet he was just as nice. RIP.

The Grantville PD released this statement.

E8EA3ED1-9FD3-4A3B-9823-9EA6D7061330.jpeg