• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting Anvils!

Re: Shooting Anvils!

Having used anvils as a kid to turn metal into blade, horse shoe or tool, I always wanted to blow one up for kicks. Now that I know how high they go, adn how deep they fall into dirt when they hit it may be something to waste money on later in life.
Ever get the urge to put one in a box and set it on the highway where liberals travel to work?
grin.gif

"Oh jezebel, look at the box, let's smash it, Wheeeeeeeee!" *CRUNCH!*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ever get the urge to put one in a box and set it on the highway where liberals travel to work?
grin.gif

"Oh jezebel, look at the box, let's smash it, Wheeeeeeeee!" *CRUNCH!* </div></div>

Now that's funny!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having used anvils as a kid to turn metal into blade, horse shoe or tool, I always wanted to blow one up for kicks. Now that I know how high they go, adn how deep they fall into dirt when they hit it may be something to waste money on later in life.
grin.gif

"Oh jezebel, look at the box, let's smash it, Wheeeeeeeee!" *CRUNCH!* </div></div>

Reminds me of something my dad used to say, "never drive over a box or anything else in the road because you don't know if it'll mess up your car or not..... although I'd probably run over a cake if I saw one, I mean thats pretty irresistable."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having used anvils as a kid to turn metal into blade, horse shoe or tool, I always wanted to blow one up for kicks. Now that I know how high they go, adn how deep they fall into dirt when they hit it may be something to waste money on later in life.
grin.gif

Reminds me of something my dad used to say, "never drive over a box or anything else in the road because you don't know if it'll mess up your car or not..... although I'd probably run over a cake if I saw one, I mean thats pretty irresistable." </div></div>

laugh.gif

You're dad must be a hell of a guy to have a beer with!

first...

the dude has an avil looking like it is crashing through the roof of his house...

and the anvil shooting...

i,m in...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So.....

Like all I need now is a pound of black powder, and an anvil.

Endless hours of fun!!

N </div></div>

And a fuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So.....

Like all I need now is a pound of black powder, and an anvil.

Endless hours of fun!!

N </div></div>

And a fuse.</div></div> and one more anvil!

Anvil tossing is an old sport.
Just need to know where that hunk may land.
Fire works only shower you with ash.

Need bigger safe zone for tossing.

Low cards used for gasket between the two.
Uecher for the high ones.

Be safe, you already have ideas!

lol thats awesome! mine is in my garage, the story says it was my great great grandfathers, and it's been airborn more then a few times in its lifetime!
laugh.gif

Looks like a ton of fun, I wouldn't want to be standing under that thing when it fell.

My dad uses this technique for splitting logs that are too big to get into the splitter or too tough that they stall out the Briggs.

He's been on the search for an affordable second anvil to try it with, although, his property is not well suited to this since it's mostly still wooded.

That anvil going hundreds of feet in the air is impressive. I've been there to watch a 500# piece of cherry stump 6' across and 3' tall go tumbling 50' high and it was every bit as awesome!

This link should get you started! Good info and about halfway down gives a couple places online to look into..

Shipping's a bitch on those things.

I've been trying to talk my dad out of his dad's anvil (it was probably his dad's before that). It's a heavy mother fucker.