• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting at 1825 yards

Alpine Gunworks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2012
SLC, UT
www.alpinegunworks.com
Thought you guys might like this. Turn up the quality to 1080 and go full screen to see all the details. Shooting at the rock on top of the ledge, the conditions were different on all three shots and tough to read at that distance. The last shot I thought there was more wind then there was and missed to the left. The good thing about shooting this far is it makes the 1k shots much easier. Filmed with a Galaxy s4, Swarovski and a phone scope...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQyk3GPq7ws

Last edited:
Nice video! I like that you can do that with your phone now. My buddy and I were watching the wind and could almost tell that it had changed from the 2 to 3 shot just before you broke the trigger. That's some fine shooting though!!! What are the specs on your rig?

Thanks! 7mm Dakota shooting the 180 grain berger at 3125fps. Its almost subsonic at this distance. Nightforce scope 5.5-22x50, 26" sendero contour McGowan barrel, Muscle Brake, Atlas bipod. Rifle weighs 12 lbs as you see it. There is 52 moa of vertical adjustment and 3.4 moa for wind, that's 82.5 feet of bullet drop and 65.6 inches in wind drift. The bullet is coming in at such a steep angle you can't see the vapor trail at the end of the shot and a slight vertical adjustment changes your point of impact greatly at that distance.

That is an awesome video! Wish more would post videos like this. Also wish I had places near me to shoot like that.

Awesome shooting gives us youngsters something to strive for.

Great shooting! I really enjoyed watching and drooling over your rig. How do you like the XLR?

Flippin fantastic!! Cool vid! I also wish I had somewhere to shoot these ranges. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't laser it, but instead went off distance it took to get there in the scope. This BC data is something that's been proven with the laser out to 1200 yards or so and this was simply an exercise of pushing it out further. Enlighten me though... I'm curious to hear how your BC calculator thinks differently... Mine says... 180 grain berger at 3125 fps @ 5500 ft elevation equals 52 moa vertical adjustment with a 100 yard zero. Actually I'm 1 inch high at 100 yards and it was zeroed at 6.5K elevation. I'm using the shooter app on the android os.

That isn't an XLR chassis. I wanted something better than the XLR design so I made it. Its been fun thanks for the feedback!

I love how the other vendors here are always courteous and make sure they dont just call out their competitors. You obviously didnt get the memo.

Still, makes you wonder why everyone thinks your chassis looks like a XLR eh.

I apologize big time mate.
I wrongly typed in 140 grain Berger @ 3125fps sea lvl in my shooters app.
Very impressed by the time it takes to get to that extreme distance.

Again apologies.

Cheers,

Ben.