• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooting Glasses?

Outdoorsman9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2011
Wisc
I need to invest in a pair of shooting glasses, but dont want something that breaks the bank, or makes me look like Stevie Wonder. I have a pair of Oakleys that I wear on bright days, but I need something for indoor shooting and on overcast days. Any recommendations? What are you guys using that you like?

Thanks

Re: Shooting Glasses?

See if you can get someone to give you a discount code for ESS.

ESS CDI...they come with light and dark lenses. talk to NOMAD here on the hide and he will get you a code for a 40% discount.
http://www.esseyepro.com/CDI-Black_14_detail.html

FYI - also if you order from the website you should get free shipping and you can order a couple models try them on and return those that dont' fit for a full refund.

Online Risk-Free Guarantee: Don't have a local ESS dealership to try on the 5B™ for fit? Order the 5B™ from this site--if the product doesn't fit you well, you may return it in as-new condition within 30 days for a full refund.

As an experiment I have been using some cheap very bright yellow ones on even moderately overcast to even semi-bright days and get considerable benefit from them especially when using iron sight but even when trying to see impacts on reactive targets at long range with a scope.
But there is some expense to eye comfort especially after extended shooting sessions.

I'm old school about this. Since back when i broke my cheek and nose, the only thing that really fits me well is oakleys so i have a couple pairs. the m frames and the crosshairs 2.0 are a little more dressy but similar to aviators. love em.

-paulus

ESS. Either NOMAD or I can give you a code for a good discount off them.

I wear Oakley Split Jackets, interchangeable lenses with many options.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Mind sending me that code, Rob? I think I'll probably go with the ESS but I never thought about getting different lenses for my Oaks... decisions decisions

I have a few pairs from safteyclasses.com they are cheap, I also have a pair of north face glasses with the yellow lenses and Wiley X XL-1. 100 bucks for shooting glasses is insane.

My Oakleys pull double duty. they get used on the bike, at job sites as safety glasses, shooting glasses, and everywhere else. $100 isnt that much for something that can save your vision. I had a pallet come unbanded as i walked by when i used to work in a warehouse. smacked me right in the face. had i not been wearing safety glasses, which happened to be my Oakleys i might not have very good vision today.

$100 is cheap for something that lasts as long as mine do, and as much use as i get out of them. If you pay $100 and they last 5 years, that's $20 a year, same as you'd spend on cheap glasses, maybe less.

-Paulus

I have a pair of Oakleys (half jackets) that I wear for driving, but my shooting glasses are Revisions Sawflys. They give more coverage than the Oakleys, and with the replaceable lenses, the cost is very reasonable for the protection level.

As Paulus said, whatever it costs to protect your vision is cheap insurance.

Contact this guy for a great deal on ESS. I bought 2 pair from him.
Calguns

Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame Strike 2.0, without a doubt the best I've worn. They come with the M frame, clear and dark gray (sun-glass) lenses. They can be hard to find, and despite the "plutonite" lenses, can be scratched if they're in your kit the wrong way. NSN: 4240-01-525-3095. I know I don't have 100+ yet, but if you need a pair or 2, I can point you to the right place.

If you need the code contact Rob or I and we will get you the info to save 40% as well as free shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need the code contact Rob or I and we will get you the info to save 40% as well as free shipping.

</div></div>
Nice reply thanks please tel me how i can buy online...?????

Glasses Online

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Syed Muddassar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need the code contact Rob or I and we will get you the info to save 40% as well as free shipping.

</div></div>

Glasses Online </div></div>

Seriously? Your first post is about wanting a discount code? Usually stuff like that is for people who have contributed in some way. Maybe Nomad is nicer than I and will give you the code but I would tell you to go pound sand.

I dont mind helping him out!! Thats what the code is for. welcome to the Hide!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE_Shithead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Syed Muddassar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need the code contact Rob or I and we will get you the info to save 40% as well as free shipping.

</div></div>

Glasses Online </div></div>

Seriously? Your first post is about wanting a discount code? Usually stuff like that is for people who have contributed in some way. Maybe Nomad is nicer than I and will give you the code but I would tell you to go pound sand. </div></div>Seriously? The guy wants to buy something from the company and you blaze him?

Seriously?

I have a question for you, NOMAD.

I have a problem in the prone position with keeping my lens high enough on my face to avoid looking through the top of the lens. Do you make prescription frames that help with this?

I dont make the glasses. I am just a shooter for the company and they ahve provided us with a code to share with our friends, family, and other shooters to enjoy.

To help your situation out, I use the ICE lenses they have no frame around the lenses and sit wider around the eyes to provide max protection.